If I was a passenger on the Triumph

travelplus

If I was one of the unlucky passengers on the Triumph I would gladly take the bus and call up Carnival use the credit from Galveston on the next cruise out of Galveston even if it meant me staying at a hotel for a couple of nights. Then I would just have Carnival change my flight to the new departure date from Houston.

I understand that the conditions were rough but heck man I've been in the wilderness for 5 days and had to cook my own food.

This cruise while it would be scary at first would turn into an adventure. I would just role with the punches and try to enjoy myself to the best of my ability especially knowing Carnival is refunding my money plus giving me credit for a new cruise and I would take any leftover OBC from this cruise and apply it to the next cruise.

Man people get so caught up in this like their going to die. The crew did an amazing job putting out the fire. Don't you think if they were in major danger they would have sounded the General Alarm and send everyone to their muster stations for an evacuation? I think so.

This was nowhere near the catasrophe of the Concordia. Heck at least you were fed and there were usable toilets.

All that Carnival would do for me is send me to a hotel with hot water and let me plan my next cruise while I'm at the hotel. Even if I had to pay for the extra nights to wait my cruise and any extra changes to change my ticket then that is fine. Since there are no immediate obligations back home I would like to erase the memories of a bad trip with a new cruise right away.

Why should a Cruise Critic Member bash Carnival when they are giving them almost two free cruises? Heck I would be running to use the offer as it may not be there later on.

Am I on the right track? When I had a bad hotel stay the hotel offered me to stay with them for free and I took them up on their generous offer and did not complain.

I wonder if there are any fellow Cruise Critic Members who would be doing the exact same thing with finding space on the next available cruise out of Galveston rather than flying home and paying for a new flight? It would be cheaper to pay the $150 change fee+fare difference if any than to buy another R/T ticket.

Depends on who I'm with

My husband would NOT be a happy camper.Sleeping on deck with no nice safe lock, no clean restroom -no way on earth.

Now my "redneck" (and I mean that positively) BBF and cousin... we could definitely handle it. We'd probably drive everyone crazy from laughing too much too late at night , though. Anyone I can get totally lost with at midnight, on foot, in a town we don't know well, and not want to break down and cry or strangle me, could handle this. As for my cousin , she has serious talent in roughing it, the kind of person you'd want on your side in a bad situation.

And yes, my job has the most awesome attendance policy ever. I'd lose some time off my paycheck but I'd still have a job.

im with you op. i was just on the triumph oct 27. i started thinking if it happened to me i would be loving that i had the extended balcony #6434 and had plenty of rum runners and wine to last the extra days. it would be roughing it but it would be an adventure. one to tell the grandkids some day.

I've been in the Army. I have lived in places that weren't meant to be lived in. I can go to the restroom in bags with my eyes shut. I have eaten things that were meant to be hot, but ate them cold.

Would I have LOVED to be on this cruise?? HELL YEA!!! And I would have pitched in and helped wherever I could have to make it easier on the crew!! I guess one thing the Army taught me was "whatever it takes to complete the mission", and if they would have allowed me, I would have been right in there with them, doing what I could, and knowing me?? I'd probably enjoy it just as much as a "normal" cruise..

If work would allow me to, I would probably do that as well. If I were on the ship, I think that the boredom would be the thing that bothered me the most. I have hiked & backpacked before. In California, we were asked to carry our poop bags down the mountain with us. The difference is that there was a lot more to see, all along the miles of walking through new terrain every day. And the people are more spread out.

If I was one of the unlucky passengers on the Triumph I would gladly take the bus and call up Carnival use the credit from Galveston on the next cruise out of Galveston even if it meant me staying at a hotel for a couple of nights. Then I would just have Carnival change my flight to the new departure date from Houston.

I understand that the conditions were rough but heck man I've been in the wilderness for 5 days and had to cook my own food.

This cruise while it would be scary at first would turn into an adventure. I would just role with the punches and try to enjoy myself to the best of my ability especially knowing Carnival is refunding my money plus giving me credit for a new cruise and I would take any leftover OBC from this cruise and apply it to the next cruise.

Man people get so caught up in this like their going to die. The crew did an amazing job putting out the fire. Don't you think if they were in major danger they would have sounded the General Alarm and send everyone to their muster stations for an evacuation? I think so.

This was nowhere near the catasrophe of the Concordia. Heck at least you were fed and there were usable toilets.

All that Carnival would do for me is send me to a hotel with hot water and let me plan my next cruise while I'm at the hotel. Even if I had to pay for the extra nights to wait my cruise and any extra changes to change my ticket then that is fine. Since there are no immediate obligations back home I would like to erase the memories of a bad trip with a new cruise right away.

Why should a Cruise Critic Member bash Carnival when they are giving them almost two free cruises? Heck I would be running to use the offer as it may not be there later on.

Am I on the right track? When I had a bad hotel stay the hotel offered me to stay with them for free and I took them up on their generous offer and did not complain.

I wonder if there are any fellow Cruise Critic Members who would be doing the exact same thing with finding space on the next available cruise out of Galveston rather than flying home and paying for a new flight? It would be cheaper to pay the $150 change fee+fare difference if any than to buy another R/T ticket.

As long as I could get the time off work this is exactly what I'd be doing!

Archived