first hand report article on people.com from passenger of triumph

Host CJSKIDS

There is a great first hand report on people from one passengers story.

Very interesting to read the first report. Interesting to note that the passengers caused some issues by hoarding food, not following the rules about going in the bathrooms, etc.

Interesting to note that food was available 24/7.

As I'm not sure the rules about posting a link, simply go on over to people.com and you can find the article.

Oh my gosh, this is a member of the party where the wife of that douche bag who went on CNN was with. Is everyone in this party a fame whore? And to think they had to survive without cell phones and their social media for a few days. Despicable people getting their 15 minutes of fame on the shoulders of thousands of others who have the decency to let sleeping dogs lie....shudder.

I thought it was a good article. It seems like basically if people would have followed instructions and not used the bathrooms, and would not have freaked out about getting food, then it would not have been too bad of a situation. I can think of worse things than sleeping under the stars on a cruise ship.

Don't know about that, but kindly watch the language.

It seems like a reasonable article to me. Tells the good and bad without editorializing much.

I quite agree. That reaction and offensive language seem a bit over the top and pretty inappropriate.

This article appears to be a reasonable and informative first person account of events. Thank you for posting it.

She didn't seem like she was that put out by the whole thing. A bit inconvenienced, sure. But all in all it seems to be the passengers that caused the problems.

Yeah, other than the part where she said she felt like she had been on the ship for a month....

wow....anything to apologize for Carnival and blame shift.

Yeah, those unruly pax....they must have started the fire as well...

I guessed you missed the parts where they told people that listing was normal and they didnt communicate anything for a day.

There are none so blind that refuse to see

As others have said, a pretty well-reasoned description of the events that unfolded, and the mentality of many people in these situations that make them worse. Not following instructions, hoarding food....the "me me mine mine" mentality carried to an extremely absurd level in a trying time.

They say one's true character comes out in moments of crisis. Hard to characterize this generally as a crisis, but beyond a tough moment for sure...and people's true characters, good and bad, were on display for all to see.

Oh my gosh' date=' this is a member of the party where the wife of that douche bag who went on CNN was with. Is everyone in this party a fame whore? And to think they had to survive without cell phones and their social media for a few days. Despicable people getting their 15 minutes of fame on the shoulders of thousands of others who have the decency to let sleeping dogs lie....shudder.[/quote']

please watch your language..thanks

That was a well-balanced article. I agree with Cahill, this was a horrific experience for the guests and crew (and no doubt, the corporate office in Miami) and I truly hope Carnival learns something from it.

All of the cruiselines would be wise to develop and publicize contingency plans so us dedicated cruisers feel safe and secure on our upcoming cruises.

Archived