Bit the bullet and booked for 2015!!!

DeeCT

Well, after thinking about it, We booked the Gem for Feb. 2015!!! I can't believe I booked a cruise this far out. 9 day Eastern Caribbean out of NY, We booked 10664 Aft Penthouse, and I am wondering if we are going to be happy with the cabin. We have been in the Owners Suite on the Spirit, and the 2 room penthouse on the Dawn. Will this one compare to the others???

Anyhoo, still excited as ever!!!

Dee

Well, after thinking about it, We booked the Gem for Feb. 2015!!! I can't believe I booked a cruise this far out. 9 day Eastern Caribbean out of NY, We booked 10664 Aft Penthouse, and I am wondering if we are going to be happy with the cabin. We have been in the Owners Suite on the Spirit, and the 2 room penthouse on the Dawn. Will this one compare to the others???

Dee

How exciting! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time planning your cruise!

Dee

We were recently in 10664 on the Jewel and we've also had the Owner's Suite on Jewel, 2 yrs ago. It's obviously way smaller than the 2 room suite, but we just loved the aft penthouse! Sitting on the big balcony with my feet up watching the wake was my favorite place to be. :) I'll take an aft balcony over a forward one any day, now that I've experienced both. Also loved the location -- easy walk or ride up to the Garden Cafe or Cagney's. Nice and quiet too, with the cabin door off in the corner of the hallway. Enjoy!!

We were recently in 10664 on the Jewel and we've also had the Owner's Suite on Jewel, 2 yrs ago. It's obviously way smaller than the 2 room suite, but we just loved the aft penthouse! Sitting on the big balcony with my feet up watching the wake was my favorite place to be. :) I'll take an aft balcony over a forward one any day, now that I've experienced both. Also loved the location -- easy walk or ride up to the Garden Cafe or Cagney's. Nice and quiet too, with the cabin door off in the corner of the hallway. Enjoy!!

Sandyshore,

How is the bathroom in this cabin?? I am just a sucker for a fabulous bathroom, weird I know LOL We are contemplating moving up a few categories, just not sure if we should or not!!! It will be almost 8 yrs between cruises for us, and we like them to be the best they can be.. believe me if we could do a garden villa we would, just not in the cards this time around :)

Sandyshore,

How is the bathroom in this cabin?? I am just a sucker for a fabulous bathroom, weird I know LOL We are contemplating moving up a few categories, just not sure if we should or not!!! It will be almost 8 yrs between cruises for us, and we like them to be the best they can be.. believe me if we could do a garden villa we would, just not in the cards this time around :)

The bathrooms in the penthouse suites are a let down in my opinion. Slightly better than a balcony room bathroom with a tub that isn't very big. They do not compare at all to the bathrooms in the DOS, OS or 2bdr suites.

The bathrooms in the penthouse suites are a let down in my opinion. Slightly better than a balcony room bathroom with a tub that isn't very big. They do not compare at all to the bathrooms in the DOS, OS or 2bdr suites.

That's what I was afraid of.. we just might have to switch

Dee

We also just booked a Feb. 2015 cruise to the Southern Caribbean on the Pearl. We'll be in 10666 Aft Penthouse.

We just got back from a week on the Dawn in an Aft Penthouse (10728) and were very happy with it. It shoud be very similar to the Gem. The bathroom was a bit small compared to an OS bathroom, but . The main living area is very comfortable for 2 people. It's much larger and more comfortable than the Aft Penthouse on the Epic. Also the balcony on Deck 10 will be much larger than 8th or 9th deck and has 2 loungers an a table.

Here are some photos of Dawn Aft Penthouse 10728:

Dawn2.JPG

Dawn3.JPG

Dawn4.JPG

Dawn5.JPG

Dawn6.JPG

Dawn7.JPG

We also just booked a Feb. 2015 cruise to the Southern Caribbean on the Pearl. We'll be in 10666 Aft Penthouse.

We just got back from a week on the Dawn in an Aft Penthouse (10728) and were very happy with it. It shoud be very similar to the Gem. The bathroom was a bit small compared to an OS bathroom, but . The main living area is very comfortable for 2 people. It's much larger and more comfortable than the Aft Penthouse on the Epic. Also the balcony on Deck 10 will be much larger than 8th or 9th deck and has 2 loungers an a table.

Here are some photos of Dawn Aft Penthouse 10728:

Dawn2.JPG

Dawn3.JPG

Dawn4.JPG

Dawn5.JPG

Dawn6.JPG

Dawn7.JPG

As you can see from the photos, the bathroom is a closet.

Sandyshore,

I'd have to agree with Love my Butler. The aft suite bathrooms are nothing to write home about. Not much bigger than what's in a regular balcony cabin, altho I do like having a tub. But compared to an OS? You could probably fit 3 of the aft penthouse bathrooms into one OS bathroom :rolleyes:. So if a really nice bathroom is the dealbreaker for you, you should upgrade. That said, I'm with CruiseRansier.....I wouldn't give up the aft for a bigger bathroom. I found the aft penthouse thoroughly comfortable and loved the deep balcony on 10.

Such a first world problem, isn't it? :D Happy cruising!

We had that same cabin two years ago going to Bermuda. We enjoyed the view and the fact it was very quite. A little soot a day or two. The bathroom was fine, FYI the bathroom was the seemed to be EXACT same size of the bathroom we had down the hall a year later in a mini suite.

TBH, booking this far out is not uncommon. Especially, in light of the fact you have landed an aft facing penthouse. We book far out, over a year, to get our prime real estate in the aft. lol We were in a regular aft facing balcony cabin on the Gem. However, we were just in an aft facing penthouse suite on the Star. I thought the bathroom was very nice. IMO, it was larger and the tub seemed pretty large to me. After all, my short legs had a hard time climbing in and out! lol I would never forfeit my amazing aft view for a slightly larger bathroom anyway. But to each his own. Enjoy planning your cruise, as the time will fast approach.

.....I wouldn't give up the aft for a bigger bathroom. I found the aft penthouse thoroughly comfortable and loved the deep balcony on 10.

Such a first world problem, isn't it? :D Happy cruising!

Or give up that protected out of the wind balcony from NYC in Feb. really the only balconies you can enjoy the first and last 2 days.

Archived