Disembarkation Time - QM2

mikeyg0

Hello,

I'm travelling on a short leg of the QM2's world voyage (only 2 nights! :() and was wondering what time we need to be off the ship on disembarkation day.

I understand we'll need to be out of our cabins early in the morning, but as the ship is in port until evening, and the day we leave isn't an embarkation port, are we able to stay onboard until say 2-4pm for example? Or do we need to get off like normal in the morning?

Never been on a sector of a world cruise so I'm unsure how it works.

Thanks!

We were on a sector of the World Tour last year and QM2 was in Sydney overnight. We had to disembark at 10am on the first day as the new passengers were boarding at around 2pm and they stayed onboard overnight in Sydney. It's considered a new cruise even though its also a sector.

I thought about handcuffing myself to the rail but that didn't work.

We were on a sector of the World Tour last year and QM2 was in Sydney overnight. We had to disembark at 10am on the first day as the new passengers were boarding at around 2pm and they stayed onboard overnight in Sydney. It's considered a new cruise even though its also a sector.

I thought about handcuffing myself to the rail but that didn't work.

:) thanks

Is this an actual sector or are you just disembarking after 2 days for another reason? When we disembarked part way through a voyage in 2011 in Quebec, (we were then visiting relatives) we stayed on board overnight on the firstnight and arranged a midday departure on day 2 . We arranged this with the pursers office whilst on board (although obviously we had previously booked our departure DATE with Cunard)). When sorting out the time we were advised we could leave anytime up to 1 hour before the ships sailing time from the port.

Hope that is helpful!

Is this an actual sector or are you just disembarking after 2 days for another reason?

No this isn't part of a longer cruise. We booked a 2 night cruise directly with Cunard. Brisbane to Sydney. Because no one is getting on in Sydney (or at least I haven't seen any sector beginning in Sydney on this date) I thought we'd be able to disembark a bit later. We'll see! ;)

No this isn't part of a longer cruise. We booked a 2 night cruise directly with Cunard. Brisbane to Sydney. Because no one is getting on in Sydney (or at least I haven't seen any sector beginning in Sydney on this date) I thought we'd be able to disembark a bit later. We'll see! ;)

Is that around 19th March? There are several sectors commencing then, eg Sydney to Melbourne, Sydney to ADelaide, Sydney to Fremantle, Sydney to Sth AFrica, Southampton etc.

Whenever the QM2 hits Australia it is always part of the World cruise, and Sydney is the busiest embarkation/disembarkation for obvious reasons.

I was booked on Sydney to Adelaide but had to cancel.

But if you get lucky you ,might get an individual late stay. I do know that alll sectors above are fully booked.

Archived