cabin costs for on line bookings

sweby

thats always been a pain with late bookings,used to be 14 days cut off point,now it seems to have stretched to 16, you would have thought 7 as the cut off would be ample for admin/allocation purposes, havn't the brainless beancounters realised they are possibly missing out on some extra 42 squids

Lol, on the plus side there's £42 to spend ashore.:):)

Jan

We booked an upgrade to deck 6/7 when we bought the cruise but can't pick a specific cabin as it's too close to departure. Why? I don't know but there it is. Grin and bear it I suppose.:D

Jan

Didn't realise you had booked deck 6/7. You should be ok on deck 6 or 7 but I appreciate it is very annoying not being able to choose your cabin especially when you have spent time researching.

Didn't realise you had booked deck 6/7. You should be ok on deck 6 or 7 but I appreciate it is very annoying not being able to choose your cabin especially when you have spent time researching.

Just checking out the trips. I'm not cycling up any of those mountains in the Canaries, flat land only for me. lol. I did do one in Sharm where it was flat but those things are full of competitive people who fly off like Bradley Wiggins then have a rest and by the time you've caught up they're ready to go again. Same thing happened on a hike in the Caribbean, last laugh though, Mr Macho and girlfriend charged off and went for a swim at the waterfall. The guide said we could go back and by the time they realized we were a mile ahead. He nearly had a heart attack and was in a state of collapse when he caught us up, so much so he left his camera on the wall and their minibus had to go back. Ha, ha.:D:D

Jan

Just checking out the trips. I'm not cycling up any of those mountains in the Canaries, flat land only for me. lol. I did do one in Sharm where it was flat but those things are full of competitive people who fly off like Bradley Wiggins then have a rest and by the time you've caught up they're ready to go again. Same thing happened on a hike in the Caribbean, last laugh though, Mr Macho and girlfriend charged off and went for a swim at the waterfall. The guide said we could go back and by the time they realized we were a mile ahead. He nearly had a heart attack and was in a state of collapse when he caught us up, so much so he left his camera on the wall and their minibus had to go back. Ha, ha.:D:D

Jan

That's so funny;)

We did some cycle trips last year on the Eastern Med cruises with some really nice people; not at all competitive: a couple of the men had purely picked the cruise just for the cycle trips & were obviously very fit and experienced cyclists but seemed quite happy to be part of the group & just enjoy the cycling & atmosphere. We had our 2 children in tow ( 15 & 12 yrs) and we all managed to stick together and enjoy it. (It was very hot though cycling in 40 degree + heat!)

I dont really find that funny....you mean.....the guide just leaves you there? and the group goes of without you!!:eek:

we did a bike tour once (myself &dd's) we were at the back (my girls dont do strenuous!) being atthe back we were being constantly chased by dogs (OK that is funny) but the group just rode on ahead and left us to the dogs!! (we had to stop….we didn’t want to hurtthe dogs) Eventually we lost sight of them completely...they didnt care and rode on...we found our own way back...I expect the dogs caught up with what was left of the group;)

Jan

That is very funny! No cycling for me either but I may have to run after my grandson on his cycle this pm. School holidays......! My exercise is Pilates...just going there now.

I dont really find that funny....you mean.....the guide just leaves you there? and the group goes of without you!!:eek:

we did a bike tour once (myself &dd's) we were at the back (my girls dont do strenuous!) being atthe back we were being constantly chased by dogs (OK that is funny) but the group just rode on ahead and left us to the dogs!! (we had to stop….we didn’t want to hurtthe dogs) Eventually we lost sight of them completely...they didnt care and rode on...we found our own way back...I expect the dogs caught up with what was left of the group;)

Lol, worry not. It was a hike through the rain forest to Middleham Falls with well defined paths. we all knew where we were. Check out the Bushman, Dominica on YouTube. What a character, well worth the money.:)

Jan

Maybe they have a cut-off date for booking a cabin so that they can block sell them to a travel agent. This happened on one cruise when 70+ russians turned up all with cabins in the same area of the ship.

Lordy! I hope they don't turn up on mine.:eek::eek:

Jan

Archived