gave up the balcony aft deck 6 afterall,...

Hi all,

After many months debating on this cabin (corner balcony aft deck 6) I gave it up for a regular balcony cabin (side of ship). I have to say I have no regrets! I kept re-looking at all the photos you great CC members have shared and the metal was too much of an obstruction.. At first I didn't think it was a big deal but I kept hesitating and wasn't really happy with the decision of keeping that cabin. Plus for my Mom it was too long of a walk to the elevators... NOW I'm happy!

If I'm lucky enough I'll get an aft much higher up for the next cruise!

Lookout Explorer here we come..... 46 more days and its coming quick...

....Have a good day everyone!

Oh...I wish you hadn't said that:)

I have 6688,on Mariner.After much deliberation.I had 8262 (mid-ship) but then 9390(or whatever the corner on 9 is came open).But that is only a double.

I am not so much worried about the pole ,as I am the deck.I know that it is not used by the crew on the Mariner.But I am kinda afraid it might defeat the whole purpose of the being aft!

Others have assured me its a great cabin...:confused:

I'm sorry! I hope that didn't ruin your day.... I just gave it alot of thought and really didn't want to spend that kind of $ and be unhappy with the view. It is very shaded which I origionally thought my Mom might enjoy as a break from the heat/sun but she LOVES the sun and preferred a side deck. She also has a bit of a breathing problem in the heat and the long walks to the elevators I know would get to her. This is what she said to me last night. "I can walk much better than you can, what are you talking about"... Typical reaction but then later said "I'm so glad you got the cabin closer to the elevator"... I have no doubts as to my decision and actually feel kind of relieved. I hope you have a fantastic vacation, I know you will... Please don't let our decision give you doubts as to your choice. Everyone has their own ideas, expectations and opinions... You do whats good for you.... Let me know what you think of your aft balcony... :-)

Oh...I wish you hadn't said that:)

I have 6688,on Mariner.After much deliberation.I had 8262 (mid-ship) but then 9390(or whatever the corner on 9 is came open).But that is only a double.

I am not so much worried about the pole.As I am the deck.I know that it is not used by the crew on the Mariner.But I am kinda afraid it might defeat the whole purpose of the deck.

Others have assured me its a great cabin...:confused:

Had to add my 2 cents worth, after reading on these boards about aft cabins, we had one, loved it, now I feel I am spoiled and next cruises have booked aft.

One thing no one brings up when comparing aft cabins, and something that we truly loved, - it is so quiet back there. Maybe we were just unlucky, but on the Adventure we were mid-ship and it was very noisy, outside our cabin I felt like the whole world was running up and down the corridor, yelling at each other, etc., at all times of the night and day. It might just have been that particular cruise, but our next cruise in an aft cabin was so peaceful.

Everyone talks about the view, size of the balcony, - yes that was great, but our biggest pleasure was the silence outside the door. Our neighbors on one side were also quiet people (we had a corner) and it was just pure joy to sit out on the balcony and read!

I loved "your two cents worth"... Sounds great.

I'f I'm lucky enough I'll get another one on a future cruise much higher up with a cart to wheel my Mom!

Had to add my 2 cents worth, after reading on these boards about aft cabins, we had one, loved it, now I feel I am spoiled and next cruises have booked aft.

One thing no one brings up when comparing aft cabins, and something that we truly loved, - it is so quiet back there. Maybe we were just unlucky, but on the Adventure we were mid-ship and it was very noisy, outside our cabin I felt like the whole world was running up and down the corridor, yelling at each other, etc., at all times of the night and day. It might just have been that particular cruise, but our next cruise in an aft cabin was so peaceful.

Everyone talks about the view, size of the balcony, - yes that was great, but our biggest pleasure was the silence outside the door. Our neighbors on one side were also quiet people (we had a corner) and it was just pure joy to sit out on the balcony and read!

Carrie,

I did sounds like the same thing, after booking a aft 1690 and reading the reviews on the afts, some people like them, some didn't, I one thing that I kept thinking about was the loooong walk to you cabin.

I had a couple of other choices and finally went with a hump cabin on deck 8 cabin 8318. I read a lot of people again who like these and those who didn't.

But I decided I had rather see where I was going if I want to than sit backwards and see where I had been.

We had a near aft cabin last year on the Carnival Victory it was the next to last cabin on port side and I keep remembering the Looonnnnggg walk to the cabin.

This cabin on the Mariner is mid ship and right near the stairs and elevators.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!;)

Marcy

Good story- thanks Marcy..

Carrie,

I did sounds like the same thing, after booking a aft 1690 and reading the reviews on the afts, some people like them, some didn't, I one thing that I kept thinking about was the loooong walk to you cabin.

I had a couple of other choices and finally went with a hump cabin on deck 8 cabin 8318. I read a lot of people again who like these and those who didn't.

But I decided I had rather see where I was going if I want to than sit backwards and see where I had been.

We had a near aft cabin last year on the Carnival Victory it was the next to last cabin on port side and I keep remembering the Looonnnnggg walk to the cabin.

This cabin on the Mariner is mid ship and right near the stairs and elevators.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!;)

Marcy

Archived