RIU or BCH

LindyWebb

BCH (British Colonial Hilton) is a small laid back business hotel located in the center of town, in the harbour with a view of paradise Isand and the cruiseships. Small pool, private beach (about 200 ft long).. nice cabanas, chaises etc. It's a relaxing and peaceful oasis.

NOT a resort atmosphere.. and some kids will be quite bored with it.

It's mostly for adults who are working on their tan or reading.

It's $60/65 to for a day pass.. which includes a $40 voucher for lunch.

RIU is a small resort on Paradise Island and it's all inclusive. It's next to atlantis..and a more active beach with more diversity. I think it's $100 in person/ $75 in advance thru Island marketing.

RIU beach has vendors selling everything from jetskis and parasailing to hairbraiding and pareos... Hilton does not..

If you need activities, or have children who are noisy and get bored.. HILTON is not the place for you.

Island Marketing sells either day pass.

I'm not sure I would recommend RIU for kids either. We've been there twice and really enjoyed it but it's more of a lie around the pool/walk on the beach place. There are not a lot of things to do. The beach is active but the water can be really rough so it's not a good place for swimming. We saw a few kids but they were mostly playing in the sand. We also saw a bunch of adults getting knocked over by the waves. :)

What about Sheraton or Blue Lagoon?

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Island Marketing has no more day passes to the Sheraton on our day which is why we were looking at these two only. After all this we just may end up booking the excursion through carnival. We don't arrive in port until 11 and I can see it being very difficult to get spots being the last ship to arrive that day.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Island Marketing has no more day passes to the Sheraton on our day which is why we were looking at these two only. After all this we just may end up booking the excursion through carnival. We don't arrive in port until 11 and I can see it being very difficult to get spots being the last ship to arrive that day.

I don't see that Island marketing even carries a day pass to the sheraton.. Are you sure?? They usually carry only the Hilton and RIU.

It's tough when you have such odd hours in port. :( I think I would try calling Sheraton and asking if they have day passes available the day you're there. Or even get a day room - you can reserve that in advance.

When we went to Sheraton, we didn't get to the resort until almost 1 PM but we were still able to get day passes. It probably depends on what time of year you're going. During Spring Break, it might be more of a problem.

I remember asking about 3 so maybe one wasn't the Sheraton??? I deleted the email from them of the resort that was full. We are cruising spring break so I don't want to take a chance. Just booked through Carnival - definitely more expensive, but to a beach and the kids will have fun.

Thanks for all of your advice. This is a very helpful message board!

Archived