Does RCL allow passengers to bring booze/wine on board?

sinned19

I haven`t sailed on RCL for about 6-7 years I heard they now allow booze to be brought on board?

The last time I sailed they confiscated my 1 bottle of wine, I have stayed away since.

Thanks

Two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom are now allowed to be brought onboard on the first day only.

I haven`t sailed on RCL for about 6-7 years I heard they now allow booze to be brought on board?

The last time I sailed they confiscated my 1 bottle of wine, I have stayed away since.

Thanks

You are allowed 2 bottles of wine per stateroom at embarkation. No other alcohol is allowed.

Thanks

2 bottles 750 ml each per cabin (not per passenger) in your carry-on, not in checked luggage. Wine or champagne only.

2 bottles 750 ml each per cabin (not per passenger) in your carry-on, not in checked luggage. Wine or champagne only.

Umm....there are a whole lot of us that have brought our two bottle allotment on in our checked luggage with no problem. There is no specific directive from RCCL regarding how your two bottles may be brought aboard, only that you only get the two per cabin at embarkation.

bobj

We just returned from the Jewel. It was two regular sized bottles per stateroom. We were told by more than one employee before leaving that it does not matter if it is checked or in your carry on. We checked ours. Also, we were sent a bottle that was there on arrival, so we started with three. We brought a travel corkscrew in our checked bags. We saved money at dinner by requesting glasses from room service and bringing our own glass of wine. There is no rule about bringing drinks from place to place on the ship, so we were not questioned at all when we arrived with wine (which could have been from a nearby lounge). Good money saver! Also, I think you asked about other liquor. We borrowed plastic "bladder" type bags from friends and buried them in our checked luggage (apparently less easy to catch?). We got one soda package and bought virgin fruity drinks and added our own liquor. We had rum and cokes and vodka drinks aplenty- without the shocking bar bill at the end!

Also, I think you asked about other liquor. We borrowed plastic "bladder" type bags from friends and buried them in our checked luggage (apparently less easy to catch?). We got one soda package and bought virgin fruity drinks and added our own liquor. We had rum and cokes and vodka drinks aplenty- without the shocking bar bill at the end!

Great! You're a thief! Thanks for letting the world know about your lack of integrity.

I'll think of you when I buy a drink and realize that some percentage is going to support the cheap moochers like you.

Ok done venting.

DrD, you are welcome! Glad I could make your day. If it makes you feel any better...we still spent plenty on additional drinks and photos and excursions, and all the other extras for our "all inclusive" cruise. Enough to cover our "mooching" on a couple of over-priced fruit drinks. I was just offering a suggestion for people who don't want to spend a fortune on fancy drinks. I am not a big drinker and it wasn't worth it for us in some instances. I find it funny that you are so shocked by the practice of people trying to save a few bucks. Doesn't seem much different than the moms who bring their own PB& J to Disney, or the myriad of other ways people try to save a dollar on expensive vacations. I didn't cost you anything because I didn't drink THEIR liquor for free - hence no stealing. I added MY liquor to their virgin drinks that I paid for. To each his own rant, though.

DrD, you are welcome! Glad I could make your day. If it makes you feel any better...we still spent plenty on additional drinks and photos and excursions, and all the other extras for our "all inclusive" cruise. Enough to cover our "mooching" on a couple of over-priced fruit drinks. I was just offering a suggestion for people who don't want to spend a fortune on fancy drinks. I am not a big drinker and it wasn't worth it for us in some instances. I find it funny that you are so shocked by the practice of people trying to save a few bucks. Doesn't seem much different than the moms who bring their own PB& J to Disney, or the myriad of other ways people try to save a dollar on expensive vacations. I didn't cost you anything because I didn't drink THEIR liquor for free - hence no stealing. I added MY liquor to their virgin drinks that I paid for. To each his own rant, though.

You may want to search this topic, it's a point of contention here.

I didn't realize you were new, so sorry for being too harsh.

Many of use feel that this is wrong behavior and don't like to see people boasting about it. Furthermore RCCL does read these boards and if enough people post about this we could see a policy change such as random luggage searches that will affect ALL of us. Especially if many take your suggestion and spread it to their friends.

You are correct though in that you are hardly the only rule-breaker.

Just don't complain when someone breaks rules you like.

Smoking anyone?

I've been known to break some rules and even some laws but I keep it on the down low.

We brought our two bottles of wine on with no problem. Also two bottles of cranberry juice. All in our carry on. We did not have to stop and prove they were what they were. This was last week.

Also our second to last day we stopped in Barbados and bought rum punch. We told them as we came through xray to get back on ship. They told us ok and let us through with it. We had really expected to surrender it. Guess they didn't care since we only had one more day at sea.

Archived