Every inside cabin booked, all balcony and suites limited to 2 on Jewel 6/1

NolaGirl99

I am booked on the Jewel 6/1 sailing out of SJU but before I buy my airfare and pay in full I am bothered by this. When I booked I was told that even if I booked a suite that held 4 I could only book it for 2 due to Coast Guard regulations. I have cruised quite a bit so I figured the ship was near capacity. I checked Cruise Fish tonight to find the insides are completely gone. Outsides mostly too-if I remember correctly-and balcony and suites,all available. They must be JAMMED to capacity. My gut is telling me large group. I don't mind really unless it's shrieking teenagers as I am leaving my own at home! Also, DH is a school principal and we are leaving the day after his school graduation to let him de-stress. I am thinking they won't tell me.... Is there anyway to find out?

Any other reasons (hopefully)why this cruise is booking in this pattern?

I am booked on the Jewel 6/1 sailing out of SJU but before I buy my airfare and pay in full I am bothered by this. When I booked I was told that even if I booked a suite that held 4 I could only book it for 2 due to Coast Guard regulations. I have cruised quite a bit so I figured the ship was near capacity. I checked Cruise Fish tonight to find the insides are completely gone. Outsides mostly too-if I remember correctly-and balcony and suites,all available. They must be JAMMED to capacity. My gut is telling me large group. I don't mind really unless it's shrieking teenagers as I am leaving my own at home! Also, DH is a school principal and we are leaving the day after his school graduation to let him de-stress. I am thinking they won't tell me.... Is there anyway to find out?

Any other reasons (hopefully)why this cruise is booking in this pattern?

1. We are not allowed to mention other travel websites, including the one that you mentioned.

2. I checked my sources and found availability for THREE in a cabin in almost all categories. Plenty of outside for double booking. Yes, no interiors.

The usual way to look for groups is to google your ship and sail date. I found nothing when I tried this.

It could just be very popular with college graduation celebrations. Or others, like you, who want to sail as soon as school is out.

I google the ship and sail date if I want to check for groups. But there are other explanations besides groups. If you are cruising when schools are out (and DH's job demands that, right?) then you are apt to have lots of kids on the ship. I do not see how you can avoid that until your DH retires.

Archived