Long haul Jetstar business class

Not quite (flying business class, that is. We flew from Honolulu back to Sydney bit economy class. We had friends on the same flight that flew business class. They weren't that impressed with it. They certainly had more room and everything was included. I was able to go and talk to them, I can't remember if it was a separate area or not. To me it seemed more like a fancier economy rather than luxury business class.

Jetstar is a budget airline so it's "business class" is more like "premium economy" on other airlines. You get a bit more legroom and slightly better meal choices but that's about it. Google "airline reviews" for some useful websites.

I've flown Jetstar Business Class (which is really like premium economy)from Melbourne to Singapore. You get little bit more legroom, included food, baggage allowance 30 kgs checked, 10 kilos hand luggage. You also get an ipad to watch some movies and TV shows. Depends on the price I paid about 700 dollars for my flight to Singapore. At the time it was cheaper than to take a economy flight with Emirates or similar carrier. So I flew them. They were on time, crew were pleasant. However, they say you really need to pick your seats. I was in Row 1.

Thanks for sharing.

Net reviews vary, guess it depends on how much one pays or be paid. Your experience are more actual and factual, so I am happy.

Yes, I don't expect it to be like 'real' biz class in full commercial airlines. Some leg rooms and tablet games I think is ok to kill the time during the long flight.

OK, ready to take off now! Thank you.

Michael

We flew Jetstar business to and from Japan from the Gold Coast. We really enjoyed it.

Big comfy seats (they were Qantas domestic business class seats once and no-one complained then) EXCELLENT service, good meals server on crockery with real glass and metal cutlery!, little entertainment systems you sat on your tray table (I think they offer ipads now), noise cancelling headphones, big luggage allowance. Access to a lounge at either end (I'm Qantas Club so had that in any case).

You get the picture. We had NO complaints.

A couple of months back we flew BA business class back from London. This was in one of the refurbed 777s so their 'new' business class.

Ok, full lie down seats that were very comfortable up or down flat, but weird cramped configuration (eight across) so that we were facing backwards, in the middle of the plane, and had to climb over the legs of the people on either side to go to the loo. Getting a drink was a big ask. Food was terrific. The cabin was so hot we actually had to take our shirts off to be able to stay under the too think quilt thing. Luckily for everyone we were in our little middle 'compartment' :eek:

Very underwhelming in comparison, especially when including price. We'd definitely fly Jetstar business again

pete

Archived