Quarterly Immigration Inspection

JennKach

I was just reading about the embarkation delay for the Star that was due to a quarterly immigration inspection of the crew. We're cruising September 30 out of LA - is there a good chance that quarter's inspection will be that day? I've already been fretting about the fact that there are two NCL ships sharing the terminal that day, which doesn't happen but one time all year. Then the San Pedro schedule shows a total of four ships in port when they supposedly can only dock three. Again this is the only date all year that this happens. On top of all this, September 30 is the first seasonal Mexican Riviera sailing.

We lose our rental car at 11:00 and had planned on being early for boarding, but it may not be a very good idea!

Did anyone else experience a crew inspection, and what date was it?

The immigration inspection I am familar with from my boyfriend involves all crew but they are assigned differnet times to go depending on job that they hold, etc. Crew needs to be available to service the ship in order for it to be ready for the next voyage that goes out usually that afternoon. Not sure if this helps you but this is what I know of crew immigration.

I was just reading about the embarkation delay for the Star that was due to a quarterly immigration inspection of the crew. We're cruising September 30 out of LA - is there a good chance that quarter's inspection will be that day? I've already been fretting about the fact that there are two NCL ships sharing the terminal that day, which doesn't happen but one time all year. Then the San Pedro schedule shows a total of four ships in port when they supposedly can only dock three. Again this is the only date all year that this happens. On top of all this, September 30 is the first seasonal Mexican Riviera sailing.

We lose our rental car at 11:00 and had planned on being early for boarding, but it may not be a very good idea!

Did anyone else experience a crew inspection, and what date was it?

Archived