Anyone familiar with Allstate Insurance employees travel website?

peter1975

We just had a group of 4 couples (myself included) book 4 staterooms for a cruise on the FOS in October.

One of the couples works for Allstate Insurance and they have some kind of travel website that he says he can book his cruise through and earn some sort of Allstate travel points. He also indicated the rate was better through the Allstate website. Does anyone know how this system works? Could this really be true? Are the Allstate travel points really worth it?

I'm also wondering if he books his cruise through the Allstate travel website will I still be able to link his booking to the rest of ours?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(I'm also the travel agent who made the booking for us all, so I don't want to lose one! However, it's a friend, and I also want them to get the best deal for them). :)

Many companies offer travel websites. They are usually contracted through a larger internet based travel service, but on a dedicated site. The "bonuses" (points, etc...) are all company driven, so it's hard for anyone not directly involved to speak to the value. The best advice is to compare apples to apples for booking price and value, and then consider if the bonus is something you personally find worthwhile.

Also, FYI, this thread might go "poof", as you're discussing a particular travel agency, which is a no-no around here.;)

Archived