Azura mini break 22nd April - dress code

Topaz2

We are booked on Azura to Bruges & St Peter Port on 22nd April for 3 nights. We have been told that the dress code is 2 smart and 1 casual night. On another thread about a short break, it was 2 casual and one black tie and on a previous 2-night cruise we had one formal and one casual. Is it correct that there will be no formal night on our next cruise?

Seems most odd. First and last nights are by tradition casual and there is usually a formal, so I would have expected casual - formal - casual on a 3 night cruise. Mind you, nothing P&O does re dress codes surprises me anymore.

I for one am glad there is no formal night, after all it is only a 3 nighter, lets get real folks we are not traveling to the azores and back its not a long haul - Dressing for dinner in the old days was expected but not anymore especially on a short cruise.

Dont get me wrong I do like to dress up just like the next man but I do have to say it feels more right on a one week or ten day cruise - a voyage if you like.

I too will be on this cruise and am taking my father this time, we are really looking forward to it, this will be my 15th /16th or 17th cruise ( I cant remember anymore ) you will find us in one of the bars relaxing or indeed in one of the fine dining restaurants - cruising and more importantly relaxing is what its all about.

Enjoy your cruise...:cool:

I for one am glad there is no formal night, after all it is only a 3 nighter, lets get real folks we are not traveling to the azores and back its not a long haul - Dressing for dinner in the old days was expected but not anymore especially on a short cruise.

Dont get me wrong I do like to dress up just like the next man but I do have to say it feels more right on a one week or ten day cruise - a voyage if you like.

I too will be on this cruise and am taking my father this time, we are really looking forward to it, this will be my 15th /16th or 17th cruise ( I cant remember anymore ) you will find us in one of the bars relaxing or indeed in one of the fine dining restaurants - cruising and more importantly relaxing is what its all about.

Enjoy your cruise...:cool:

I would be too, if I were on this cruise. My post above was in respect of what I would have expected rather than what I would have liked. I prefer all casual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, just noticed that the dress code changed over the weekend to 1 casual, 1 smart and 1 formal, with a tropical theme night! Checked again today in the cruise personaliser and the details have been removed. I gave p&o a call and they said there was definitely a formal night.

Not very impressed at the late notice!!!!

This is my first p&o cruise and I have to admit I'm not too impressed by customer service so far - let's hope its better onboard!

Archived