Panama City to Colon Transfers

truckguy

What is the best way to get from the airport in Panama City to the pier in Colon ? If my flight arrives at 1pm can I make a 4pm sailing ? I have seen that My Friend Mario has private car transfers but is it possible to make the trip in about 2 hours or less ?? Im thinking an overnight is going to be necessary and if so should I do that in Panama City or Colon ? Help please ...

Thank you,

Bryan :cool:

Under normal conditions you could get from the airport to the pier in Colon in under 2 hours, but I don't thing you have enough time in this case. Even if the flight is on time, you have immigration to navigate through, collect your bags and then customs. Customs can be anything from a wave through the line to opening every bag. I really think you would have a more relaxing trip if you arrived the day before, staying in Panama City would give you a much broader choice of hotels and restaurants. I know many people on this board have used Mario... you could always arrange the transfer to Colon at your hotel if Mario falls through. Panama City to Colon isn't much difference than the airport to Colon in time.

BB .. Thanks for the info .. My flight arrives at 1pm from Houston and I allowed 1 hour to clear customs/immigration thus giving me 2 hours before sailing time .. I concur that an over night will be necessary in this instance .. would you have a suggestion of hotel ? ..

Thanks

Bryan :cool:

I have not stayed in a hotel in Panama in some time but I have had friends who have used the Country Inn & Suites on Ft. Amador. It's right on the Canal with a great view of the Bridge of Americas. That will at least give you are starting point.

Archived