VIP lounge

pbsteve

In my two experiences, it's just a little room where you go in and sit at a little desk across from someone to whom you hand your boarding pass, credit card and passport -- as opposed to waiting/standing in the winding line and handing same to someone at the counter. And, the little room has coffee, water, lemonade and cookies.

Depends on the port.

Our home port, Long Beach, the puny Priority building is outside the Dome. It has a nice waiting area with water and lemonade. We don't wait in the building but outside if we arrive before the Dome is open. We then go thru a Priority line, security and onto the ship.

In my two experiences, it's just a little room where you go in and sit at a little desk across from someone to whom you hand your boarding pass, credit card and passport -- as opposed to waiting/standing in the winding line and handing same to someone at the counter. And, the little room has coffee, water, lemonade and cookies.

Same experience here... Depending on how many VIP's.... you either stand in line for a few minutes or go straight to the desk, check in, then they walk you to the security area... I wouldn't call it a "VIP lounge" by any means...

But, skipping the wait behind a 1,000 other people waiting in line is priceless.

In New Orleans

DSC_2859_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2862_Zyde.jpg

We did Carnival and RCCL b2b from N.O. Almost Identical setup in both rooms except Royal had five kinds of juices in pitchers, coffee, hot choc, cookies, fruit plates and the array of pastries your would eat several pounds of over the next week.

We never really take part and don't see others doing so much. Everyone is waiting for the concierge to show and go. Kind of a waste but probably expected.

We have done VIP twice so far, both at Port Canaveral. The first time we didn't go to a lounge. We were directed to a much shorter line at check in. Went very quickly. The next which was just a couple of weeks ago on Feb 7th we went to a nice large room. Sat in leather chairs while they check us in. We got there early this time. Only another couple there, we sat right down at the next lady that was ready for us. When we was leaving another couple was waiting in nice chairs. They had plenty of room to sit. Looked like they did have water, juice and some other "items". But didn't partake as we went strait on to the ship...

Hope hopefully our next ship will be Victory then Dream. So will see what Miami's VIP is like.

First time at the NYC port it was a nice room w/comfortable seating similar to the pictures above. Most recently it was just a room with the standard plastic chairs in rows and no beverages. I was told they were redoing areas of the port and so the VIP lounge was effectively moved until the redo is complete.

Miami is my favorite VIP lounge. Quick not crowded (atleast when we have been there) friendly and larger than most I believe.

Nover been from Tampa. The worst VIP experience was Seattle. We boarded at the beginning of zone 2 and even had a passenger in our group that was platinum, had a vista suite and on crutches.

Had a mini-suite in Tampa, was in a room set up similar to the one shown.

Had a full suite out of Miami, and I don't remember going into any room, just a shorter line.

I was under the impression there was a more comfortable waiting area after you got checked in and before you boarded. Is this not the case?

Nope. Each of our Platinum sailings, after checkin and leaving VIP lounge, we either sat in the open area (VIP seating at the front) waiting to board the ship, or were led directly to the ship.

Archived