Share your Bahamas Pictures

SugarStar00

This is not exactly what you asked for but it might get you in the mood for your cruise:

http://www.susancrow.com/slideshows/wheretheboatleavesfrom/wheretheboatleavesfrom.html

It's a slideshow I made of some of our weekend cruises to the Bahamas so it also has pictures of the ships. Enjoy!

(I love pictures too.)

Steph, are those pics of Junkanoo Beach Club in Freeport? Those are gorgeous pics. My daughter (22) ad her five housemates from college will be in Freeport next month from 7am to 1:30pm on the Carnival Pride. Do you think it's worth it to go there--I know they don't open until 9:00am and they would have to be back at the port to board the ship by 1:00pm. Also, how difficult is it to get a taxi back to the port from Junkanoo Beach Club? Thanks for any info you can give. She's been to Freeport before, but never to Junkanoo, it just looks so beautiful--I know they'd love it.

Steph, are those pics of Junkanoo Beach Club in Freeport? Those are gorgeous pics. My daughter (22) ad her five housemates from college will be in Freeport next month from 7am to 1:30pm on the Carnival Pride. Do you think it's worth it to go there--I know they don't open until 9:00am and they would have to be back at the port to board the ship by 1:00pm. Also, how difficult is it to get a taxi back to the port from Junkanoo Beach Club? Thanks for any info you can give. She's been to Freeport before, but never to Junkanoo, it just looks so beautiful--I know they'd love it.

Yep!

We were there last week. We got off the Sensation....walked over to cab area and told them where we wanted to go. It took a few minutes for them to round up a group for a cab..but then we were on our way! I think it would be worth it. Get there at 9...lay in the sun for a couple hours and get a cab back at 1230. It's not far...maybe 15 min. The cab drivers were waiting for us and ready to go when we were! I just did a Bahamas cruise review on the Sensation on the Carnival board for other pics.

If I were only allowed to go back to the Bahamas one more day --- I would ABSOLUTELY go to Gold Rock Beach at the lucayan national park

Pristine and protected - shallow for 1/2 mile out!

Feed raccoons and birds and fish with your guide along the path to the beach.

go to tripadvisor.com and type in the search "grand bahama island"

Look at "Things to do" and Gold Rock Beach is #1---- Just look at the pictures on there!

The beach is 30 min. from Freeport - but a million miles from touristy areas

BEST time to go is at low tide -- google it and book a guide! Go before all the other ship passengers go with the ship tour --

Then our guide took us to banana bay for lunch down the road - he ordered our food on his cell phone so it would be ready when we got there!

That was ricco from Calabash tours

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Yep!

We were there last week. We got off the Sensation....walked over to cab area and told them where we wanted to go. It took a few minutes for them to round up a group for a cab..but then we were on our way! I think it would be worth it. Get there at 9...lay in the sun for a couple hours and get a cab back at 1230. It's not far...maybe 15 min. The cab drivers were waiting for us and ready to go when we were! I just did a Bahamas cruise review on the Sensation on the Carnival board for other pics.

I tried to find your review with no luck...can you give me a link?

Archived