Early Saver Price Drop for Dummies

deeceedub

Sorry- I've read a ton of threads on price drops but this is all new to me and I'm still confused.

We booked a deck 6 midship balcony cabin for our 7-day on Glory out of Boston in July. Early Saver $1079/pp.

The 3 day Sale doesn't show any Early Saver price options. A few cabins are still available very close to the one we booked. The Past Guest price for these cabins is $1099/pp + two category upgrade and $100 OBC per stateroom.

Can I fill out the Early Saver form and ask for the 3 Day Sale rate? I guess we'd be paying $40 more and getting $100 OBC. Would that even work, and is it worth the trouble for $60? And I'm not sure what the catetory upgrades would amount to. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Can I fill out the Early Saver form and ask for the 3 Day Sale rate? I guess we'd be paying $40 more and getting $100 OBC. Would that even work, and is it worth the trouble for $60? And I'm not sure what the catetory upgrades would amount to. Any guidance would be appreciated!

I tried this on the last 3day sale and was denied. They said I could call and pay the extra to change to the new promotion but I would lose my early saver benefits if the price dropped again. I did call just to see and was put on hold so they could speak with a supervisor and was told the same thing. Pay more , lose the ES benefits. It did drop so I am glad I didn't go ahead and go that route. I know some people get different answers from Carnival so take this all with a grain of salt :)

S

We booked a deck 6 midship balcony cabin for our 7-day on Glory out of Boston in July. Early Saver $1079/pp.!

is this the total rate or just the cruise rate?

you gotta use the cruise rate only for fare drops

sometimes the fees/taxes change

but I dont see why they would not do that for you-- youpay the difference take the upgrade and get the OBC

its worth a call to your agent.

Our cruise is 220 more to get 140 worth of cabin credit- just not worth it

Archived