PHOTO Review:Inspiration to Ensenada & Catalina + "Behind the Fun" Tour & Queen Mary

sailawaybellaluna

I loved reading your review. My daughters and I will be sailing on March 11th. Their first cruise. The first one I will enjoy. My last cruise was a bummer (the company I was with turned me off from cruising.) The girls will take surfing lessons and we will get massages in Ensenada. Looks like the glass bottom boat tour will be our deal in Catalina Island. I loved the pics of the ship and all the detail of the activities you went on. Thank you so much!

Hi ThePhoenixx,

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! And hopefully, you'll have much better weather than we did! Of course, this week the forecast is back to 79 and sunny! :rolleyes:

Surfing lessons and massages sounds like a great plan for Ensenada and I'm sure you'll enjoy the glass bottom boat tour in Catalina!

Thanks for reading along!

Thank you, you gave a wonderful review and I loved my cruise there too a few years ago on Paradise..YOU HAVE A LOVELY Family...it, the cruise, is just unique and special..tempted to do it again and all you did..would be my second Carnival Tea, LOL...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks for posting this, it brings back some great memories. My wife and I stayed aboard QM before our cruise on Paradise a few years ago. It's also good to see Inspiration again, I had many great cruises on her when she was sailing from Tampa.

Hi DarthGrady,

Thanks for reading along! Glad it brought back fun memories for you. That's one of my favorite things about writing these cruise reviews - it's fun looking back on the ship's decor and all the fun excursions and activities we did!

:)

Thank you, you gave a wonderful review and I loved my cruise there too a few years ago on Paradise..YOU HAVE A LOVELY Family...it, the cruise, is just unique and special..tempted to do it again and all you did..would be my second Carnival Tea, LOL...Sarah

Hi SJN911! Thanks for reading my review! I recall you reading my review on the Med Cruise we took on the Breeze also. :)

Thanks for posting this great review! I enjoyed reliving my november cruise through your review & pics.

I went on the behind the fun tour too, I enjoyed it but was a little disappointed it was not more in depth. That's really odd though with the dancer who took you back stage being sarcastic & rolling her eyes. I believe the dance captain talked to our group - she was quite pleasant (as was all the crew we interacted with). She was a bit older & more mature than some of the dancers I saw on stage - I talked to some who were barely out of high school! I wonder if the dancer who regularly leads that part of the tour was unavailable - sounds like more maturity was needed!

Thanks for posting this great review! I enjoyed reliving my november cruise through your review & pics.

I went on the behind the fun tour too, I enjoyed it but was a little disappointed it was not more in depth. That's really odd though with the dancer who took you back stage being sarcastic & rolling her eyes. I believe the dance captain talked to our group - she was quite pleasant (as was all the crew we interacted with). She was a bit older & more mature than some of the dancers I saw on stage - I talked to some who were barely out of high school! I wonder if the dancer who regularly leads that part of the tour was unavailable - sounds like more maturity was needed!

Hi CanWeGoYet!

Thanks for reading along!

I think you're right about the dance staff member - she was probably between 20 - 23. I casually asked about what she danced in prior to joining the ship production and she said, "what do you mean?" and then proceeded to tell me how she started dancing before she was two and a half, bleh bleh bleh. She was so rude (and dare I say) quite conceited! But yes, I think it was just a maturity thing. She thought she was quite a big deal (and I'm sure she was very good at what she did), but leading that portion of the Behind the Fun tour wasn't so "fun" for her...or us! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for pointing me towards your review. It really made me a lot more excited! I didn't know they had Tea! Also, seeing how much fun your Little One was having makes me want to bring the rest of our kids. But the alone time with my step son will be awesome too! Thanks again!

Thank you so much for pointing me towards your review. It really made me a lot more excited! I didn't know they had Tea! Also, seeing how much fun your Little One was having makes me want to bring the rest of our kids. But the alone time with my step son will be awesome too! Thanks again!

Hi Steamboat Holly!

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, and definitely go to the tea! Just be sure to arrive at least 10 minutes early since the piano bar venue on the Inspiration is a bit small.

Have fun with your step son!!

I talked to my soon to be 6 year old son about his upcoming trip and some options and he thought the idea of going on a big ship sounded great! So it looks like we'll be planning on the 4 day cruise either late this year or early next year.

Thanks for the review. Loved the pics. My wife and I have two trips on the Inspiration booked for this year. Your posts helped us get excited.

Oh great! Thanks so much for reading along!

I love reading other people's reviews too - it definitely helps build the anticipation! Planning is half the fun!

Hope your TWO trips on the Inspiration are wonderful!

I talked to my soon to be 6 year old son about his upcoming trip and some options and he thought the idea of going on a big ship sounded great! So it looks like we'll be planning on the 4 day cruise either late this year or early next year.

xplnusa, You'll have a great time! Thanks for reading along... :)

• 1 month later...

What a great review! My family is going on the Inspiration next month and I really enjoyed getting a preview through you photos. I also appreciate the tips on traveling with a toddler. We have 3 year old twins and were also worried about the pull down beds, but are very happy to see a small bed can be put on the floor.

What a great review! My family is going on the Inspiration next month and I really enjoyed getting a preview through you photos. I also appreciate the tips on traveling with a toddler. We have 3 year old twins and were also worried about the pull down beds, but are very happy to see a small bed can be put on the floor.

Thanks UltimateDevotion! You guys will have a great time! I love cruising with a toddler - so fun and so easy! Enjoy!