Early Saver Price Protection

CHERRYBRANCH

I'm confused about the restrictions of the Early Saver. My Early Saver Fare hasn't changed at all, but today there are three lower priced options. I can book the same cabin I have at $420 less, but the way I read the contract, have to pay $100 to change bookings and forfeit any future price drops. It's the past passenger savings.

There seems no point to paying higher to begin with for "price security" if they play games with so many booking options.

I'm waiting to hear from my agent but if anyone can add insight, I would appreciate it.

I've also had numerous issues with logging into my account.

If I can, I'll take the $320 and not look back. I can't even cancel and rebook based on that Early Saver contract without a loss and the cruise is 7 months away.

True ... unless... the price of a higher category is equal or less than what you paid. Then you can request the upgrade and the obc.

Just did this last night by calling in and speaking to someone. Past Guest Save Big rate was $10 cheaper than our Early Saver so called in and got the $10 off and an upgrade from a 4a to 4c cabin. Told me I maintain the Early Saver protection with it and all. Do I now have to compare 4c cabin prices instead of 4a?

Just did this last night by calling in and speaking to someone. Past Guest Save Big rate was $10 cheaper than our Early Saver so called in and got the $10 off and an upgrade from a 4a to 4c cabin. Told me I maintain the Early Saver protection with it and all. Do I now have to compare 4c cabin prices instead of 4a?

I filled out the form, should have called instead!

I'm confused about the restrictions of the Early Saver. My Early Saver Fare hasn't changed at all, but today there are three lower priced options. I can book the same cabin I have at $420 less, but the way I read the contract, have to pay $100 to change bookings and forfeit any future price drops. It's the past passenger savings.

There seems no point to paying higher to begin with for "price security" if they play games with so many booking options.

I'm waiting to hear from my agent but if anyone can add insight, I would appreciate it.

I've also had numerous issues with logging into my account.

If I can, I'll take the $320 and not look back. I can't even cancel and rebook based on that Early Saver contract without a loss and the cruise is 7 months away.

Are you a past guest? If so, and you booked early saver, you qualify for 420 dollars obc. Once early saver, always early saver. the whole idea is if you see a lower rate that you qualify for, they will issue and onboard credit if it is the same cat, etc. which it is , since it is the same cabin. There will be no change fee. Just fill out the early saver price protection form and submit it. I wouldn't even wait to hear from the agent. I don't have the link, but if you go to carnival dot com and search price protection, the link will show up. Fill it out showing the name of the promotion, and the difference in pricing. If it is the "Past Guests Save Big! " promotion, type that in. good luck:D:D:D

You can still call, we filled out the form yesterday morning and kept seeing the upgraded rooms disappear. Decided to call last night to make sure we got the upgrade too.

Thank you! I just called, on hold for 20 minutes, but hung in there. We got the upgrades and the obcs!

Thanks again!!!!:D

CONGRATS to everyone on their upgrades and OBC.:D;) I just posted on another thread and mentioned that with all our CCL cruises, we have never gotten a DIME in OBC. And I am wondering if it's because we sail from Manhattan and there are so few cruises from this port and so they sell out. I just did a mock booking for May Splendor cruise and there are only TWO cabins left in our category, so I am not going to hold my breath. :(:( Also, the freakin' fare viewer is STILL DOWN. Been checking since we got off the Miracle on Monday, 2/18. I am CCL's biggest cheerleader, but are we really supposed to trust them to drive a ship if they can't fix their computers in (at least) 8 days? :eek::eek:

I noticed today that the rate for balconies on Valor sailing 3-3-2013 dropped another $30/pp, so I would get another $60 OBC in addition to the $120 I've already gotten. I filled out the online form, but because we sail in 5 days (early saver requests have to be processed at least 2 days before sailing) I decided to call as well. They first couldn't see that I originally booked early saver (apparently after they upgraded me I was listed as easy saver), so I had to email the supervisor my original booking confirmation email. Then she told me in order to lower the rate they would have to clear out my booking and do a new one which means I could lose my flights. I told her that I didn't want to risk losing the $1000 I paid on flights to San Juan through Carnival but to check again and see if they could lower the price and keep my flights.

I got the first price drop with no problem, so why is this second one causing so many issues? Why have an early saver program if you aren't going to honor it. And to top it all off my phone dropped the call when I hit 60 minutes of talking to them and being on hold. I sent the lady an email (which I had since I had to email her my original confirmation). It's all just so frustrating. I know $60 isn't much, but to two graduate students traveling that can pay for half of an excursion or other things.

cruzn buckeye

THANK YOU!!!! This is the news I wanted to hear. I thought you had to go through your travel agent though. I'll try. It seems there are many confused customers out there with the Early Saver option. Yes, I'm a past guest.

Yes, that's correct. In my post I was responding to a specific comment about being able to price match against a lower category, which you can't do.

what happens after you've upgraded? We booked a 4A with the ES and just called yesterday and with the sale got bumped up to a 4C. Do we now compare against the 4C prices or still the 4A?

I submitted a price protection form as rates dropped on the Valor for the April 28 sailing. I received an email back with the following: Thank you for submitting your Early Saver Price Protection form. Once it has been reviewed you will receive an email confirmation detailing the new rates. If it is denied you will be provided with an email detailing the reason why. Due to the high volume of requests we want to thank you in advance for your patience in receiving a response back from us.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

This original request was on February 19 th. Anyone have any idea how long it takes to hear back?

I got the same basic followed by a no email. Called by PVP and got it handled in minutes. She said that between computer issues, all of the rebookings, and the price changes that they are buried. Said to just skip the form and call her if I see a price drop or want her to check since Fare Viewer is down

Yes, that's correct. In my post I was responding to a specific comment about being able to price match against a lower category, which you can't do.

Of course, I understood. That is why i started my response with true.. actually was just adding to the good info you already gave :rolleyes:

yes, you will now compare to 4c. Or... in another example... if they are offering 4a with upgrade to 4c or higher at a lower price... you will submit that as a request for price difference an obc.

So let's just say you paid 300 for your 4a with upgrade to 4c. If they now offer 4a with upgrade to 4c or higher, at a cost of lets just say 200. You can put in for the new rate.

yes, you will now compare to 4c. Or... in another example... if they are offering 4a with upgrade to 4c or higher at a lower price... you will submit that as a request for price difference an obc.

So let's just say you paid 300 for your 4a with upgrade to 4c. If they now offer 4a with upgrade to 4c or higher, at a cost of lets just say 200. You can put in for the new rate.

Good luck with that one. While it makes complete sense to me, we had that exact situation on our last cruise. I spent much too much time explaining to the customer service rep for Carnival that someone who booked an 8E could pay something like $200 less and be upgraded to the 8K category I was in and that I should receive OBC since I'd booked Early Saver. I was unsuccessful in making that case. She insisted that it didn't work that way. I probably should have called and talked with someone else...

Good luck with that one. While it makes complete sense to me, we had that exact situation on our last cruise. I spent much too much time explaining to the customer service rep for Carnival that someone who booked an 8E could pay something like $200 less and be upgraded to the 8K category I was in and that I should receive OBC since I'd booked Early Saver. I was unsuccessful in making that case. She insisted that it didn't work that way. I probably should have called and talked with someone else...

Actually it is like what I did. We booked 8a. New price rate under past guests save big sale, is 8a with free upgrade to 8c. And price was 20 less. We got the upgrade and the obc. So if new price for 8a to upgrade to say 8d, is less than what we paid, we will submit that the 8d is now less than our 8c. We will have to take the upgrade to get the credit ... but that is fine.

it would have to be an 8e with upgrade to 8k at a lesser price to get than obc. And there would still have to be cabins left in the 8k category

it would have to be an 8e with upgrade to 8k at a lesser price to get than obc. And there would still have to be cabins left in the 8k category

Yep, and it was and there were. The price for the 8e with upgrade to 8k was $200 less than what I paid for my 8k. But, they wouldn't honor it. :rolleyes: I'm glad to hear you were successful though. :D

Yep, and it was and there were. The price for the 8e with upgrade to 8k was $200 less than what I paid for my 8k. But, they wouldn't honor it. :rolleyes: I'm glad to hear you were successful though. :D
Is this current? If so, call and speak to someone else. Many times you can call several people before you get someone who actually knows how this is supposed to work. If you call again.. good luck to you ;)

Is this current? If so, call and speak to someone else. Many times you can call several people before you get someone who actually knows how this is supposed to work. If you call again.. good luck to you ;)

Nope. It was our last cruise. Live and learn--I should have called someone else.

I'm doing very well on my current cruise--had $510 in price drops that are now OBC waiting to be spent on gratuities and a couple visits to the steakhouse. :D

Archived