suggestion for flights from lauderdale for the Epic

jpinperth

Hi,

Just wondering if a 12:00 noon flight out of Lauderdale is too early to book when coming off the Epic in Miami?

Thanks

We had a noon flight from FLL in January when we got off the Epic and made it just fine. It was a Saturday departure. We got off the ship at 9:30, had a car service waiting and off we went. Taxi lines can be a bit long in Miami, but customs went very fast.

Hi,

Just wondering if a 12:00 noon flight out of Lauderdale is too early to book when coming off the Epic in Miami?

Thanks

That will be fine. Last month, I made an 8:45 a.m. flight and didn't get in the taxi until 8:05 a.m. Would not recommend this in any fashion. Have made numerous 9:45 a.m. flights from Miami and will be doing a 10:45 flight in a few weeks.

Yesterday's disembarkation of the Epic seemed to be very messed up.

There was only one gangway open for quite a while, but then finally two.

We had Yellow Latitudes tags, but the 'Carry Everything Off' people weren't clear until near 9:15. We stepped into customs at about 9:30, outside to a SAS shuttle moments later. Two additional stops at other ships to fill the van, and we were at FLL terminal 1 right at 10:30.

Personally, I wouldn't plan any flight before Noon, earliest.

gary

I will be less stressed on our up coming cruise. We debark in Miami and fly out of Fort Lauderdale at 1:25...so I am hearing we can make it.

I will look to book a shuttle of some sort I guess at the port...any suggestions and approximate $$?

Fae

Archived