Mountaintop

dthogue

We will be visiting St Thomas during a stop on RCI Freedom of the Seas - what is the best way to get to Mountaintop on our own - I really want to see the view as well as get a Banana Daiquiri - We are hoping to do this as our ship excursion.

Thanks,

Tammy

Sorry, meant to say that we would like to do this "after" our ship excursion, we gets back to the ship at 4:00 - we leave port at 6:30. Trying to figure out how to get to Mountaintop and if we will have enough time.

Thanks,

Tammy

Mo problem...looks like you dock at Havensight which is preferred. I would recommend Paradise Point over Mountain Top. The original MT burned down and the new version is just more commercial-looking or lacks the character of the old place. The banana daiquiri is $11 and is good, but you can get that or a Bailey's Bushwacker at PP. Yes, there's a nice view of Magens Bay from MT and if you want to taxi there you will have time for a quick look. The Skyride tram for PP is just across the street from your ship, if you buy tram tickets at your excursions desk you can enjoy a great view of the harbors while relaxing at the open-air restaurant. So you have a couple options, hope I didn't make it harder for you!

Archived