Fort Lauderdale things to do

cruzluver2

We will be staying at the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center, address listed as SE 10th Avenue. This is confusing to me. Are we near 17th street? My question is what is there to do around this area? I know the Harbor Shops are there. Is there a close water taxi stop? Any other suggestions for two adults to do? We are not into night clubs, just shopping, sightseeing. Thanks

We have stayed there the last 3 years. Plenty to do. Water taxi is a long walk, maybe a mile. We did it twice. The hotel shuttle will drive you there for free and will also pick you up, just call when you are ready to come back. Oh and 17th is a block away.

There is a trolley that picks you up for i believe 50 cents per trip per person to the beach from in front of the publix grocery store and the take you back, check out the trolley system it goes other places too. We used it and had a very good time going other places.

There is a trolley that picks you up for i believe 50 cents per trip per person to the beach from in front of the publix grocery store and the take you back, check out the trolley system it goes other places too. We used it and had a very good time going other places.

Check out Sun Trolley's website: http://www.suntrolley.com for routes, schedules and coupons.

We just stayed post cruise on 2/25. The hotel is fine and 1 block from 17th street right near Embassy Suites. We walked to stop 5 on Water taxi(closest stop). Hotel shuttle was not an option. We really enjoyed the water taxi.

I would not stay here post cruise again, but would stay pre cruise. I would stay at a place closer to water taxi. Hotel pool area is very small and no whirlpool. They do offer free breakfast and free airport shuttle. We had a real early flight so shuttle was not in operation and missed breakfast. It was about $10 taxi ride from port and to airport.

We usually stay at Gallery One, our favorite place in Ft. lauderdale. It is one block from the mall and many good dining choices, plus it is a water taxi pickup. If you have the time, take the water taxi to South Beach.

One time we took the Jungle Queen tour, a little cheesy, but to see the fabulous homes and yachts, something to see.

I love Ft. Lauderdale!

Been reading alot about the FLL water taxi and I think we are going to do this seeing out flight out of FLL isn't unti 9pm.

What stop should be our last stop to get a land taxi to the airport?

Stop 5 would be the closest to the airport, although if you have a little time for dinner, you could get off at stop 4 (which is about the same distance) and have dinner at the 15th street fisheries, which is a nice seafood restaurant. You could also continue past stop five (south bound) which will end up at Las Olas, which has shopping and restaurants and is not that much farther to the airport.

Stop 5 would be the closest to the airport, although if you have a little time for dinner, you could get off at stop 4 (which is about the same distance) and have dinner at the 15th street fisheries, which is a nice seafood restaurant. You could also continue past stop five (south bound) which will end up at Las Olas, which has shopping and restaurants and is not that much farther to the airport.

Awesome... thank you for the information.. Stop 4 sounds perfect for dinner.. :D

We loved the water taxi. Very interesting to see all those fancy homes, and even fancier boats!

We love the water taxi also!! We have used it on all of our cruises out of Ft Lauderdale.For the price and convenience it's a great way to see Fort Lauderdale. You pay one price and get off and on all over Fort Lauderdale. Make one of your stops Las Olas Blvd and visit Kilwans Candy & Ice Cream Shoppe. Yummy!!!

We too have stayed at the Hyatt Place Great Place!!!

Archived