Wine question Mariner

39august

From what I understand, it has to do with our goofy liquor laws in Texas. While within range, they can only serve alcohol that has been bought (and taxed) in Texas. Since the wine they're distributing was most likely purchased elsewhere, they wait until the second day. Some have reported problems with getting wine off the wine list at first seating for dinner the first night because of this.

I agree--I had ordered champagne for my family cabins for embarkation to drink at sail away. The cupcakes for my niece/nephew showed up on embarkation...but the champagne not until the next day. In addition, the wine from our TA did not show up until Day 2 and Day 3.

I was afraid of that. Good grief, I thought Oklahoma had screwy liquor laws, but it looks like Texas has us beat!

Had not experienced this kind of legislation before. It was kind of confusing for us at first. We couldn't get a drink in the airport unless we ordered food. Doesn't really make a lot of sense. On the ship during sail away, we could order a Heineken but not a Corona.

Archived