Early Saver issues, need advice

lea

We booked an early saver on our last cruise to get the on board credit. Picked room 1201 (4A) because it was accross the hall from our last room (we were sailing another conquest class ship) and it seemed to have more room.

When rates went down, called PVP and asked about credit. She started speaking about an upgrade, but I said no, just give me the onboard credit. Which happened after I filled out the form but now they've moved us to another room (4b) which is interior mid ship also but say they cannot go back to original room.

If I was to change rooms I told her I only wanted to go to oceanview, but now I have a seemingly smaller interior room and no option to change anything. except to pay $100 pp for oceanview. Any advice? Thanks much.

We book early saver so we can pick our room. If there is a drop in price we only will take it off our remaining bill, or onboard credit. Unless we find an unbeatable deal we always book through the cruise line. Its easier to straighten out any problems that arise through them. We do not look for upgrades or credit as a reason to book a cruise.

I am using a Carnival PVP, and she tells me she cannot get the old room back. She said to get the $40/pp onboard credit she had to move me to a 4 B which I did not understand when we were talking about it. I thought when I said I just want the credit not an upgrade, that we would keep the room. But she says no changes now. unless pay more. Has anyone had any experience with this? THanks.

I'm trying to figure out if the old early saver is the same as the new early saver for my upcoming European cruise. The cruise dropped by $50/person (actual savings even after taxes and port fees), from the early saver price under the old system and the early saver price under the new system. Does that make sense? I would think they'd be the same, but I don't want to make any more mess out of this particular booking.

We book early saver so we can pick our room. If there is a drop in price we only will take it off our remaining bill, or onboard credit. Unless we find an unbeatable deal we always book through the cruise line. Its easier to straighten out any problems that arise through them. We do not look for upgrades or credit as a reason to book a cruise.

Ditto!

We book early saver and find the cabin we want from day one. I don't bother looking for upgrades as we already have the location and cabin we want. If there is a price drop we submit for the drop but make sure that we keep our cabin we had in the beginning. I have found that calling anyone at Carnival about your booking Is like rolling the dice with what your booking will look like after you hang up the phone with them.

And that's why we try to do everything ourselves when it comes to making out cruise arrangements.

Archived