Price Adj advice for a newbie?

Sorry, I tried searching but couldn't get a clear answer and we are total newbies to Royal Caribbean. How do they do with Price Adjustments? I'm so used to Carnival and if you book Early Saver and all that jazz, I don't see those options for RCCL so I'm confused. We are looking to book during the sale tomorrow to at least get some OBC, but I have a feeling the price is hiked for the sale and will likely go down. We've contemplated just waiting until after the sale to see if price drop is more than OBC, but I'm wondering if we can book, get OBC and if they will do anything if the price drops? Do they give OBC for the change amount? Or do they do nothing? Or will the refund if you haven't paid off yet? What about when you do pay off? Is it complicated process?

Thank you, sorry for this newbie like question! :cool:

Details:

Looking at Freedom of the Seas OCT 13th, interior room for 4.

7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $689

Guests 3-4: $299

pre tax total: $1,976

Sorry, I tried searching but couldn't get a clear answer and we are total newbies to Royal Caribbean. How do they do with Price Adjustments? I'm so used to Carnival and if you book Early Saver and all that jazz, I don't see those options for RCCL so I'm confused. We are looking to book during the sale tomorrow to at least get some OBC, but I have a feeling the price is hiked for the sale and will likely go down. We've contemplated just waiting until after the sale to see if price drop is more than OBC, but I'm wondering if we can book, get OBC and if they will do anything if the price drops? Do they give OBC for the change amount? Or do they do nothing? Or will the refund if you haven't paid off yet? What about when you do pay off? Is it complicated process?

Thank you, sorry for this newbie like question! :cool:

Details:

Looking at Freedom of the Seas OCT 13th, interior room for 4.

7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $689

Guests 3-4: $299

pre tax total: $1,976

Royal's policy is if the price drops before final payment date, you can contact them and get your price adjusted. After final payment date there are no adjustments, however they will let you move to a higher category stateroom for free if the price is the same or lower than you paid.

An exception to this policy is if the lower price is for new bookings only. This would be common on Tuesdays when Royal usually has their weekly sale.

So, to answer your specific question, if you book during the WOW sale and the price goes down before final payment date, you can get your price adjusted.

The other thing to note regarding the weekly sales is that if an ocean view or balcony goes on sale for $690 1/2 and $299 3/4 you can pay the difference of $2 and upgrade during the "new booking" sales.

Remember to check the 3/4 rate - that's a good one you have for this sailing so more than likely the 3/4 rate would go up a bit as well.

:) Can't thank you guys enough, that helps so much!

Thank you!!!!!!! :D

So if there are new customer sales on Tuesdays, do you think it would be wise to wait till Tues to book for the WOW sale? or will the WOW sale mean prob no other sale/price drops till it's over?

:) Can't thank you guys enough, that helps so much!

Thank you!!!!!!! :D

So if there are new customer sales on Tuesdays, do you think it would be wise to wait till Tues to book for the WOW sale? or will the WOW sale mean prob no other sale/price drops till it's over?

Use this link to see the weekly sales:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The PDF file changes every Thursday afternoon.

Note that the sale usually covers the next Tuesday (Monday and Tuesday for C&A members), however several times a year the sale may be for more than one day.

I JUST paid my cruise off last night and today the price dropped 235.00. I sure hope the will give it back to me. Has anyone had any experience with getting money back after payment?

If it's before final payment date, you can get your price adjusted. Otherwise, you cannot get any credit, only an upgrade to a higher category should one be priced at your current price.

Your final payment date (as generated by the reservation system) is the cut off date for what options you have if you see a less expensive price. If it is before final payment, you have the option for the difference in OBC (on board credit), an upgrade to a higher category, based on prices, to lower the price of your cruise to the newer price, or if you have already payed it in full, you can have a refund of the difference. If it's after the final payment date, you can be upgraded to a higher category, or if it was made in the previous 48 hours there will be an offer for OBC.

Archived