Husband likes to wear his Tuxedo!

dvmvet

I have even seen a Kilt on the Epic. I don't need, want, or even notice what others do as I am comfortable with myself and only care what my own husband is wearing, as he is so comfortable he doesn't notice anything, including the odd stain or hole, but I digress.

A perfect time to dress up would be to sign up for "Dinner with an Officer" at guest services. You could also put out feelers on your roll call to see if others would like to dress up for dinner and go as a group.

Really, however, just go ahead and dress up the first night. You may influence others to dress up the second night and so on!

I'm all for individual expression. That said, to me the whole idea behind wearing a tux is to participate in a 'formal' event where people agree to follow a certain dress code. Having my wife and I 'dress' up and sitting next to someone wearing jeans doesn't make much sense and doesn't make us feel 'elegant' but maybe just out of place. NCL probably has the best approach where they say upfront wear what you want and there are few dress standards. X and Princess have constant battles on their forums about who should wear what on formal nights...these go on for days.

My point was simply that if dressing formal was important to someone there are other lines that still embrace it more than NCL. While I do enjoy wearing a tux on occassion I continue to cruise NCL and am fine leaving it at home.

Please understand that the concept behind Freestyle is to allow you to dress up as you desire (within reason on the casual side).

If your husband wants to dress up in a tux every single night of the cruise, then I applaud him and urge him to do that.

Why should he give a damn what the other people think?

And if someone wants to dress resort casual every night of the cruise, then I similarly applaud him (or her) and urge them to do that.

It is FREESTYLE!

Even though they might not have a formal night, it is YOUR vacation and you should defintely enjoy it. I wouldn't waste a second thinking what other people might believe.

Archived