worried now - Cocoa beach Hilton!

I went to easy click and booked our pre-cruise nite stay at the cocoa beach hilton. I then went to pull up directions and found a site that had reviews, I believe it was trip advisor. All the reviews were awful, even the ones after the remodel. Can anyone help put my fear at ease. They all said it was a complete disaster. Should I cancel & rebook somewhere else?

Call them and if you have any doubts book elsewhere. I will be in the area on Sunday so if you can wait that long I can take a look.

The beachside hotels all took hits last year and some remain closed.

There are others to choose from Radison at the Port, Hampton Inn and Courtyard by Marriott although none of these hotels are located on the beach.

I went to easy click and booked our pre-cruise nite stay at the cocoa beach hilton. I then went to pull up directions and found a site that had reviews, I believe it was trip advisor. All the reviews were awful, even the ones after the remodel. Can anyone help put my fear at ease. They all said it was a complete disaster. Should I cancel & rebook somewhere else?

We stayed at the Courtyard, and loved it. The Hampton Inn (connecting next door) also looked very nice, and both are a very short hop on a boardwalk to the beach.

The Hilton looked OK, I think the location is slightly less convenient, although it is beach front, I believe.

I do not think the Hilton rooms have balconies, but could be wrong. We like balconies, and both Courtyard and Hampton have them.

We are staying there in Aug before Soverign. My sister (who travels on business alot) stayed there last month and said it was nice (she is also picky so if she said it is nice I believe her). Construction on the face of the building is still going on (cosmetic stuff). Everything is new/refurbished- rooms, pool, restaurant etc.. It is beach front but I forgot if there are balconies.

There was a post last week or so where someone else stayed there too. I got a rate of $120 per night for mid august. The previous post said they got it for $75 I think ,but that is not summer rates.

Scoop

We stayed there 2 years ago and there are NO balconies. I found it to be very nice and clean. Plus, they had a great buffet breakfast when we were there. They have remodeled, and I know are refacing the front from hurricane damage last year. It's a nice hotel for one night...but, we don't need a high class luxury, when will have it on our ship. Don't worry about the negative, just go and have a great cruise, the hotel is fine :) .

These boards are amazing! We are considering this hotel for our Jan 06 pre-cruise stay.

Any more info out there?

jobrien...how was it?

Thanks ya all:)

From the outside... they are working on it and absent another season like last summer, I am quite sure come Jan. '06 things will be all set straight.

We were there for our cruise last month, it was a great stay! The hotel is still renovating and that's evident. But we were given outstanding service!! For being Hilton HHonors members (a free membership) we were upgraded to partial OV on a higher floor and given late checkout (Noon) for free. The beds were soooooo comfy, nice down linens. All of the furniture was new, as was the carpets. The bathroom looked recently renovated with beautiful marble finishings. It's right on the beach which is great if you want to be able to take a stroll there. We booked the deal through easyclicktravel.com and were amazed at the bang for the buck. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. :D It's now my Cocoa Beach hotel of choice. Just great!

• 2 months later...

Just returned from Aug 19 Sovereign and stayed two days prior at the Hilton.

Do not stay at the hilton cocoa beach until the remodeling is complete. We were "upgraded" to the top floor executive rooms- the exterior glass on half the rooms was still missing and the hallways were at least 90 degrees. Our air conditioning quit and we had to move to another room. The pool is not large and does not have an ocean view- too much vegatation. The hammer drills and other noise start at 7:30 and dont stop until 8:30 at night.

Our bathroom was very small- especially considering other hotels and the ongoing renovation.

One last complaint- be careful with the Taxi services. We had the hotel arrange a ride for us (9 people) to Durango's steakhouse about three miles up the road. They called American taxi for the ride and charged us $45 one-way. After complete disbelief at this pricing we talked to the waitstaff at the restaurant and they arranged a ride from Checker express for $4 back to the hotel. I guess we had to learn again- ALWAYS confirm pricing beforehand.

We stayed a few years ago at Cocoa Beach Hilton. Was upgraded to partial ocean view also. No balconies, and I do like my balconies, but it was not a bad hotel. Would stay there again.

I do love TripAdvisor and do post there as well. I also know that recently one place was horrendous that we stayed at and someone posted that it was okay. We also recently stayed at another place and it was just wonderful and someone posted how awful it was... Oh well... Just read it and lump all the info together. :)

Flcrz:

We may not get to go on our cruise 10/02 :( My MIL & FIL both have cancer and are really not doing good right now! MIL is declining by the week so in 5 weeks who knows! I'm really sad right now. She wants us to go on our cruise because we have been planning it for so long but I hate to leave under the these conditions.

My best wishes to all of my "maybe" fellow cruisers!

Archived