Airfare question, need your help!!

klfhngr

I will be flying out of LAX to FTL (too save a few bucks), the question it this: The cruise is in November (not holiday week(end)). Should I get air now or wait? Will it go down? Price is not bad now, but some say it will drop while others say it will go up, what should I do? HELP PLEASE!

If you think its a good fare then I would buy it, dont count on any fares going down soon.

It's $680 for two people, round trip. Flying to Miami on same days is $880! I think it's a good deal, others in group say to wait. I think I'm going to get 'em.

klf: If it were me, I would go ahead and buy them. I don't live on the west coast, so I can't really say for sure if that's a good price. You say it is.....so I would buy them now. My DH also works for a major airline.....with the price of fuel always on the rise, it's extremely unlikely that airfare will go down.

klf: If it were me, I would go ahead and buy them. I don't live on the west coast, so I can't really say for sure if that's a good price. You say it is.....so I would buy them now. My DH also works for a major airline.....with the price of fuel always on the rise, it's extremely unlikely that airfare will go down.

Thanks for the feedback. Unless I hear from someone that says otherwise, I might end up booking tonight. Thanks again!

I agree. I have been watching airfare because I am travling during holiday week in Nov and they have been doing nothing but rising. We just received a new carrier Southwest so I'm hoping they have reasonable rates or otherwise I'm going to purchase ours now before they rise again.

A friend of mine is flying into Tampa with her daughter. She was able to book her flight using frequent flyer miles - but was talked into waiting until after Memorial Day weekend to buy a ticket for her daughter - because the rates USUALLY go down after the holiday - well it didn't - they went up. They finally came down some - but if she had booked the ticket at the same time she booked her flight she would have saved some money. She visits the boards so if she pops in I'm sure she can tell you how much more.

I say if the price is within your budget then buy now. It just seems like the airline prces are very unpredictable right now. I booked flights for my parents and my husbands parents to come down for visits this summer and I'm glad I got them in February because I couldn't touch the prices now.

I watch our flights at least once a day . Our Sept. flight from Ohio to Miami was running around $320pp. I am up early because I have to be at work at 6 a.m.

I checked one morning around 4:30 a.m and got our airfare at $130pp! What a price! The same flight and flight numbers is now going for $416pp. That's nearly $600 more! We have always found the good rates early in the a.m.

Well, I guess I messed up! I waited cuz i've been so busy.. well, lax to ft lauderdale has gone up $90 since my original post! Miami has gone up $40! I am sooooooo mad.. I also waited cuz others going on cruise wanted to wait.. look who go screwed, me!

I have a really good website for travel. It's out of Utah but i think they do business in L.A. area and probably nationally too. I'm not sure if i can post the link but here goes: http://www.morrismurdock.com

they seem to have good rates. I purchased my tickets thru them for both cruise (a local office) and airline.

thanks, i'll try it!

Archived