Cabin door decorating magnets

sashas_mom

Just read on another board that favors by serendipity, the company that makes the luggage tag holders many of us have and love, is now making very nice full size personalized magnets to decorate our cabin doors. They are great! No more do it yourself for me. Thought you might want to know about them:)

Happy cruising!

Just read on another board that favors by serendipity' date=' the company that makes the luggage tag holders many of us have and love, is now making very nice full size personalized magnets to decorate our cabin doors. They are great! No more do it yourself for me. Thought you might want to know about them:)

Happy cruising![/quote']

Thanks for the info. Just ordered one. They had a lot of cute styles and were very reasonable.

I thought the doors on Fantasy were wood for the longest time and always brought fun tack so that I wouldnt mess them up. I was joking around when we were putting up our door decorations and said "wouldnt it be so much easier if this door was magnetic?" as I stuck one to the door. It was magnetic!! I was really surprised because it did not look magnetic at all.

I thought the doors on Fantasy were wood for the longest time and always brought fun tack so that I wouldnt mess them up. I was joking around when we were putting up our door decorations and said "wouldnt it be so much easier if this door was magnetic?" as I stuck one to the door. It was magnetic!! I was really surprised because it did not look magnetic at all.

I believe the doors are metal that look like wood. I am however 100% sure that they are not magnetic. lol

Maybe it was our door on the Breeze but magnets would not stick to it.

What is fun tack and where do I get it?

When I was on the Carnival Spirit I made these foam dolls of the 3 of us and used magnetic backing. I made outfits for them and changed there outfits everyday. Their outfits were themed for every port. The only problem I had the dolls wouldn't stick to the door the doors weren't metal. I had a box of magic glue dots with me and used several of those to keep my dolls on the door. I put a lot of work into the dolls and by the 4th day someone liked them so much that they stole them.

Now I decorate with foam door hangers and scrap booking stickers and hang one everyday that is themed for the port we are in. I take a picture of it so that I know the beginning and end of each day.

What is putty? I'd like to know what to bring with me. Can you please tell me the name of the product and where to buy it?

Google Loctite Fun Tak. It is a putty that leaves no residue and doesnt mess up walls or paint. I use it at home in my son's room when he wants to hang posters.

Just read on another board that favors by serendipity' date=' the company that makes the luggage tag holders many of us have and love, is now making very nice full size personalized magnets to decorate our cabin doors. They are great! No more do it yourself for me. Thought you might want to know about them:)

Happy cruising![/quote']

Wood door on Sensation. Had to hang dry erase up at top of door.

The doors on the main deck of the Victory are not metal. We brought a small magnet to put on each of our doors and they would not hold. We also saw the cabin steward remove some over the top door decor from a stateroom. He was not amused.

Was he removing something at the end of a cruise or at the beginning? And over the top how? Just wondering, planning my door decorations for our wedding cruise.

Archived