Request who sits at what table?

fpcruiser

We are going to need 2 tables. Can I call and request what size tables and who sits at each. This way feelings won't be hurt and the one couple that isn't totally liked by some of the others will sit with the right people.

This couple was invited by one of the other couples without asking if it was ok.

We are going to need 2 tables. Can I call and request what size tables and who sits at each. This way feelings won't be hurt and the one couple that isn't totally liked by some of the others will sit with the right people.

This couple was invited by one of the other couples without asking if it was ok.

You can email rcldining@rccl.com with your request. You will need last names and booking numbers. Cabin numbers may be good to have as well.

We had two large tables that link a bunch of our reservations. RCI got the people at the table correct. But we weren't next to each other. Unfortunately, one of the tables was right by the captains table. And neither of our tables were quiet and reserved.

We had two large tables that link a bunch of our reservations. RCI got the people at the table correct. But we weren't next to each other. Unfortunately, one of the tables was right by the captains table. And neither of our tables were quiet and reserved.

Did you request who sat at each table?

Did you request who sat at each table?

If you're the only ones at the two table you can sit wherever you between them.

Agreed. And keep in mind, that there are no actual seat assignments at tables, so you can already sit wherever you like.

I have traveled with a large group of family several times, and have had either one large table or two smaller tables (in one case, each of the tables had a different waiter/asst. waiter, but will mention that later). Every night, we moved around between the seats and/or tables so as to get a different perspective from different family members. The staff had no problem, and appeared to also enjoy discovering who will sit where each night.

In the one situation where we had different waiters, we pooled all the tips (in three piles, and much better than the suggested), then split them between the two sets of staff (though, this wouldn't be a problem with pre-pay, or when the automatic tips go into effect, but still might be an solution for those guests wishing to show extra gratitude).

I was not in charge of linking the reservations into the two tables, but yes we were assigned to a particular table. But there would be no reason why you couldn't sit at your other table on a different night. We didn't do that though. Guess we never thought of it.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a reply from the dining department about 6 hours after I sent the email. Pretty impressed.

BTW- they said I could honor the request of who sits where.

They may honor it as far as who is assigned to which table on their SeaPass cards, but that will not prevent people in your group from switching with people at the other table if they want to.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a reply from the dining department about 6 hours after I sent the email. Pretty impressed.

BTW- they said I could honor the request of who sits where.

I'm glad everything worked out! They are a great group to work with. :)

They may honor it as far as who is assigned to which table on their SeaPass cards, but that will not prevent people in your group from switching with people at the other table if they want to.

Yes, I realize people could try to switch, but I think this group will stay in the groups selected.

The people we want to sit together are- me and my dh, our dd and her husband, his parents and my dd's and sil's best friends. The 2 other couples are my sil's 2 sets of aunts and uncles.

Just to follow up: Today I received an email back confirming not only our request for a large table, but a diagram of the dining room showing the exact location of our 8 top in the center of the room and the table number! I am seriously impressed!!

Great that they are confirming your requests!

However, and just as an FYI, when you board, that morning/afternoon, go to the dining room and re-confirm your reservations. Sometimes, things fall thru the cracks and/or the left hand and right hand don't agree. Just get it confirmed. We've been there.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived