Ruby Princess on short Caribbean itineraries

camarodrivenrs

I've been considering the 1/4/13 sailing of the Ruby Princess, its only a 5 night cruise. Would one expect a typical Princess crowd or more of a party crowd cause its a shorter cruise? I'm hoping for a quiet, relaxing cruise as it will be a surprise for my girlfriend, we will be getting off the Celebrity Reflection the same day and I've told her we are flying home from Fort Lauderdale.:D

I did a five day cruise out of FLL on the Crown a few years ago. It wasn't at all a party cruise. There was a range of ages, but it seemed the usual Princess passenger mix. Yours is the first time Princess will be offering routine shorter sailings, so we really don't know what the demos will look like. However, in general, Princess doesn't seem to attract the hard-partying crowd. I also think you have the timing working in your favour: 4 Jan is when people are going to have to be going back to work or school after the long holiday. I wouldn't hesitate to take it myself. Sure, it won't skew as old in terms of passenger age as the longer voyages, but I'll be shocked if it's a bacchanal.

Archived