Are there heated spa loungers on the Norwegian Star?

Hi. I am thinking about going onto the Norwegian Star for the Panama Canal cruise. I am ADDICTED to the heated loungers in the spa on the Epic & many other cruise line ships. Has anyone been in the Star spa recently? Do they have the yummy heated loungers or no? If not, is the spa pass worthwhile? Does anyone know how much it is for a 14 day cruise? Also, if anyone has done this cruise through the Panama Canal, I would love feedback & advice.

Thank you so much for your time!

No there are no heated loungers on the Star. :( - For our 12 day cruise last April we paid around 200 each - ouch - but it was worth it to us as that is where we spent our time. We have not been on the Epic and the Star is a much older ship, so it will probably seem dated in comparison - so if you go expecting the same as the Epic, you will be disappointed. I would suggest that you take a tour before you commit to the spa pass purchase.

I was on the star in November. No heated lounges. Also water in hot tubs were lukewarm. Another post I read in jan confirmed the water stil lukewarm. So go on tour when you get there and feel the water before you purchase. Star spa was a let down after being on the epic.

Hi. I am thinking about going onto the Norwegian Star for the Panama Canal cruise. I am ADDICTED to the heated loungers in the spa on the Epic & many other cruise line ships. Has anyone been in the Star spa recently? Do they have the yummy heated loungers or no? If not, is the spa pass worthwhile? Does anyone know how much it is for a 14 day cruise? Also, if anyone has done this cruise through the Panama Canal, I would love feedback & advice.

Thank you so much for your time!

We just booked the Panama Canal Cruise on the Star, April 20, 2014. We were on the Star for its repositioning from NY to NOLA in October 2012. We loved it. The ship is a beauty and the crew is one of the very best that NCL has.

As for heated loungers, no the Star does not have them. We had no problems with the water temperatures as mentioned by the other cruiser. Is there not a control panel where you can adjust the temperatures? I have seen it at other places. We did not buy the 14 day pass, we did the daily $40 pass since we used it only for maybe 2 days in all.

Hope this answers your question. We will see you on the Panama Canal cruise then!:D;)

Archived