Grand Princess - Pix Accessible Rm B301

bubbamaggie

Was walking past and took a shot for those who want to see what an accessible room looks like on the Grand Princess. This is Baja B301. The entry door is wider, there is a small ramp to the bathroom, and there is plenty of space for a chair to move around the cabin.

Rm_B301.jpg

Since you were on the Grand,

would you please tell a little bit

about the ship.

Did you like it?

Some say they think rooms, closet smaller.

Stairway in the middle only goes to the

eight floor for passengers?

Thank You

Belle - since my DH and I prefer walking, we had no problem with the location of the stairs. I admit a couple times I accidentally started walking up the middle stairs before realizing they were marked Crew only. We were on a 14 day B2B so we got very good after a while on the best routes and if we had to use an elevator, which ones to avoid. [There's one in the middle that will only let you press one button at a time!]

The only other ship we've been on is the Golden which is the sister ship of the Grand, and we had a Balcony cabin, so having a mini-Suite on this trip made the room and available storage automatically seem better and bigger. We loved the spaciousness of the bathroom and the extra shelves in the sitting area. The balcony was fine size-wise. We didn't really need a large one and used it more for drying bathing suits and snorkel gear than sitting. Mid cruise, they completely changed the carpet in our cabin, so we had to pack up our things and store them in the bathroom or lock them in our suitcases because they stripped the room. It was a day at sea so we just hung around a public area and read, and we will enjoy using our future cruise credit (a thanks from Princess for the disruption) on the next trip.

Overall, it's not a new ship and she creaks and groans, and the furniture sings along in harmony. But like a classic, older hotel, she has cozy, comfortable spots, and the worn spots remind you that thousands of happy hands and feet have left behind their memories. And you have to admit - the view is great.

Archived