Pre cruise tour questions

Sumar76

We are on a pre cruise tour and was wondering when I get the tickets for Denali train, Denali tour, etc.

Also does our main portion of the luggage go onto the ship ahead of us or does it travel with us?

Thanks for the info.

Not to worry -- you should be greeted by a Princess agent at the airport when you land. They will have a packet of nformation for you with all the information, tickets, etc. As my TA said, you really would have to be drunk AND stupid to end up in the wrong place and/or miss the train.

As for bags, we were instructed to pack two sets of bags -- one set that would go straight the ship, the other set that would travel with us by land. We received the luggage tags that we would attach to each set of bags. The Princess folks picked them up outside our hotel room the first night and got them to the right place. Again, it would be really, really hard to mess this up!

Have fun on your trip -- we had the time of our lives!

We did a pre cruise tour in China. All our luggage stayed with us, and did not go to the ship. I think we got our tickets 30 days ahead of time?
Alaska tours are very different from China as you go at least part of the way by train where space is limited to what you can stuff under a bench. Pack a small bag and carry-on; you won't have room for more.

When I arrived in Fairbanks, we were met by a Princess rep who gave each of us a packet and luggage tags. All of the luggage was delivered to my hotel room where I re-packed a smaller bag for what I'd need over the next few days. My big bag was put out early the next morning and taken directly to the ship where it was in my cabin when I boarded. The lodges are very casual and there's a laundry so you really don't need more than a small bag and a carry-on.

Archived