Jewel of the seas, info please

Thanks again everyone! A couple of more Q's, does the inside rooms have refrigerator and blowdryer? I'm booking right now. I'm so excited about exploring a new ship and RCL again after all these years!

We always empty the refrig so we can put our stuff in there. I also take my own blowdryer as I hate the ones on the ship.

Thank you, thank you again everyone!! I have no idea what the retrofit is about, to me being a totally new experience on royal again, the ship looks lovely just the way she is, maybe pictures are deceiving? I'll definitely bring my own hair dryer, but it's nice to know that they have one anyway.

Is there a big screen tv at the main pool? If so is it abnoxiously loud? Do they play good movies at night?

I'm really looking forward to this new experience and so is my friend, the boys of course are thrilled about a basketball court....lol!

Thanks for any and all info everyone, you've been so helpful!

Thank you, thank you again everyone!! I have no idea what the retrofit is about, to me being a totally new experience on royal again, the ship looks lovely just the way she is, maybe pictures are deceiving? I'll definitely bring my own hair dryer, but it's nice to know that they have one anyway.

Is there a big screen tv at the main pool? If so is it abnoxiously loud? Do they play good movies at night?

I'm really looking forward to this new experience and so is my friend, the boys of course are thrilled about a basketball court....lol!

Thanks for any and all info everyone, you've been so helpful!

Part of the planned 'retrofit' will be the addition of a large screen TV by the pool, so you won't find one on the Jewel at this time. Most reports from RCI ships where these big screens have been added, indicate that RCI is discreet in its operation of this feature and the result is not as loud or as intrusive as has been the case on the ships of other lines.

Part of the planned 'retrofit' will be the addition of a large screen TV by the pool, so you won't find one on the Jewel at this time. Most reports from RCI ships where these big screens have been added, indicate that RCI is discreet in its operation of this feature and the result is not as loud or as intrusive as has been the case on the ships of other lines.

O good, it's no big deal, it will not be missed, and i dont watch much tv so having a new flat screen wont matter either, thanks!

I'm looking forward to trying a new menu, as much as Carnival's has been mostly satisfactory to me, the menu never seems to change and it's getting old as well as the same shows. The decor also looks like a refreshing change! I feel like a little kid again...lol!

Also, what time should we arrive at port, where is it in relation to carnivals dock, were driving, so well have to park. And do they supply towels in the room or do you have to check them out?

Usually you can start boarding between 11 and 1130. Normal bath towels are supplied in the room. Beach towels are on a check out basis. If you are driving and don't have to worry about TSA luggage restrictions I would suggest bring your own towels and forego the hassle of Royal's beach towels.

Archived