Need advice on a New Camera.

I am by NO MEANS an expert in this field, but wanted a new point and shoot for our upcoming cruise. I heard Canon and Nikon are the best....I went on Best Buys website and just did a TON of research and read alot of reviews. Ended up purchasing the Canon Power Shot SX260 HS. Very Happy!!! Good luck!!!!

I could've written this. I too did tons of research before purchasing this point and shoot camera as well. This camera had a great zoom and the pic quality is great, even in very low light conditions.

Well definatly gonna have to look into that!! Also Iwas reading Nikonhas a new camera coming out(seems like they always are,lol) that is a P&S , but has qualities like a DSLR!! big price though....1000.:eek:

It actually has the exact sensor as the D7000 (which is the DSLR I shoot with). I would want a zoom lens on a P&S though so I'm looking at other options.

I'm actually a digital photography professor and the first question I would have for you is if you're a RAW shooter or not. If you want a p&s that shoots RAW like a DSLR, your options are a lot more limited. If you're happy with jpegs than your options are more open.

I could've written this. I too did tons of research before purchasing this point and shoot camera as well. This camera had a great zoom and the pic quality is great, even in very low light conditions.

This is great to know!! I'll have to look into this one too!

Archived