Ship to Shore Calling

Talex831

Carnival has listed the rate as $1.99 per minute. Is there also a per call fee added to that? Taxes? Has anyone used the phones from the ship? It will cost me $2.00 per minute through AT&T, so I am trying to decide if I should just use the ship's phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We used it on our Liberty cruise last year. I believe that we probably spent about 5 minutes total (called to check on my dad who decided not to cruise with us). I don't recall there being any other changes than the 1.99/minute (ex: taxes, etc).

We used it on Breeze in December. There were no extra charges, and it was cheaper than using my cell phone!

This is exactly what I am discovering. I was very surprised and just wanted to confirm what I was finding. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep, I too have used this service on both the "Paradise", and "Ecstasy". No additional charges at all, but if you go into the "next minute" you're charged for all of it. Still a GREAT deal, IMO.

"SKY"

I was kinda shocked that it would be cheaper to use my cell also, but AT&T seems to be playing some games. I used to be able to get international calling/roaming on my cell for $6.95 a month, and then a discounted rate on the minutes. They would also pro-rate the $6.95, so I could literally have it on for a week, then drop it, and only be charged something like $2. THEN it was worthwhile. On my last Breeze cruise I called up beforehand to find out what the rates were - it was like $10.95, not pro-rated anymore, and they wanted $2.49 and $2.29 for the ports we were seeing. (Aruba, DR, Curacao etc.) And the calls we made on Breeze (to check on elderly mom) went right through. Really was worthwhile, imho.

Archived