What time can you REALLY board?

njcruisingmom

Hi. Just got my docs for our Bermuda cruise leaving Bayonne 6/25. The docs say board at 1:30, but I've heard you can board earlier -- and I want my vacation to start as soon as possible. Do I have to wait til 1:30 to board, or I get there earlier (say noon) will I be able to board. Don't need my room to be ready, just want to get on the ship.

I would like to add: when we boarded Infinity on May 28th we were dropping off our carry-ons in the room at 11:45am.

When departing Infinity on June 9 we were standing on deck four with carry-ons waiting to leave at 11:45am. Until we hear from someone who actually was able to board I would be very surprised if anyone got on the ship before 1 or so.

Sure, go early but be prepared to wait awhile.....:D

When departing Infinity on June 9 we were standing on deck four with carry-ons waiting to leave at 11:45am. Until we hear from someone who actually was able to board I would be very surprised if anyone got on the ship before 1 or so.

Sure, go early but be prepared to wait awhile.....:D

WOW why so late? I've always been kicked off by 10:00 AM the latest. I think your disembarkation was definitely the exception to the rule. I think the ships are usually emptied by 10:30 AM.

Anne Maria

Hi. Just got my docs for our Bermuda cruise leaving Bayonne 6/25. The docs say board at 1:30, but I've heard you can board earlier -- and I want my vacation to start as soon as possible. Do I have to wait til 1:30 to board, or I get there earlier (say noon) will I be able to board. Don't need my room to be ready, just want to get on the ship.

I think the OP is asking specifically about boarding (also info about arriving at the terminal) the ZENITH out of Bayonne, NJ. Although we have sailed out of NY many times and have that timing down pat, this is the 1st season the Zenith will be sailing from this port.

We'll be sailing Oct. 15 so I'm interested, also ... thanks ...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Recent Zenith out of Bayonne travelers ... what time did you board the ship?

Last year, thanks to fantastic CC advice, we boarded the VOS out of Bayonne MUCH earlier than we were told we could. It was so cool just walking on the ship, with not even a bit of wait. My DH kept on saying ... they won't let us on the ship, they won't let us on the ship ... it was so easy and smooth I didn't even have to say "I told you so" I just smiled!

This year, I would love a repeat of the same ...

I look forward to your feedback!

Celebrity's press release about 'online check-in' process indicated that the peak 'crowd' rush for boarding was around 1:30pm-2:30pm. They also indicated that the boarding rush was lighter 11am- to 1:30pm. We have been able to be onboard before lunch most of the time with little delay, but your cabin may not be ready until around 2pm (when they make a PA announcement).

With the extra security and any late port arrivals, the normal timeline can be thrown off, but your chances are great, based on 10 X trips in last 4 years, that you can board before noon. Have your paperwork filled out - alot can be done online weeks early. :D

Archived