My review of our recent Riviera cruise

Hambagahle

Gee, everybody on this board has been telling me for years that the ships are completely democratic outside of your cabins!

I am not saying that the ship is not democratic. I am saying that if you are sailing in a luxury suite as opposed to an inside (e.g.), your perspective on the cruise has to be different. Your cabin experience is different. You have a butler. You have in suite dining from specialty restaurants, you have a concierge lounge, you have tons of space -- it just will not be the same. All of that colors your experience.

I, for example, agree with hyperspace (back aways) that I do not need the best cabin since we spend very little time in it and would not make much use of a butler (still like reading about it though). At the same time I would love DH to spring for first class or business airline tickets on all overseas trips (he will not) and based on my one 1st class trip (to China and back), that does color how you feel about the flying experience (even business is way better than any kind of economy). So I can see Pacheco's point that the best suites would color your view of the whole cruise. I apologize and sign out as this thread is getting off the topic of Hambagahle's excellent review of their recent Mayan cruise and Oceania compared to other luxury cruise lines.

And of course I can see his point as well. But bottom line is my review was how I saw it based on my experience on the ship. he is welcome to write his review based on how he sees things from an indoor cabin. of course it would be different BUT, as my High School Exchange Programme taught me "Different is not a synonym for worse". Different is just - different.

I would no more book a cruise in an inside cabin (or for that matter one without a butler) than I would fly to the moon! (or for that matter any longhaul flight in anything but Business or First). It is my personal choice. And I tried to make it clear that my review of the cruise was based on my personal experience. Which is, of course, not necessarily that of someone else...

Gee, everybody on this board has been telling me for years that the ships are completely democratic outside of your cabins!

I would not worry

We have cruised in C & B cat & outside of the cabins you are treated very well

Even before you show the colour of your World card the staff is very helpful & accommodating, always a Good Morning greeting

one morning on the way to breakfast we encountered several staff & ALL had a big smile & a "Good Morning" greeting

We laughed at how many times we had said Good morning just getting to the GDR

If you require special attention then yes it will not be the same

Archived