Renting a Car in Halifax

Some one mentioned private vans or taxi's at the port, looking to take people around on sort of tours. Is this prevalent at some of these ports, or it is hit and miss. I like that idea a lot so I was wondering if most ports have something like that.

Cheers

Len

Some one mentioned private vans or taxi's at the port, looking to take people around on sort of tours. Is this prevalent at some of these ports, or it is hit and miss. I like that idea a lot so I was wondering if most ports have something like that.

Cheers

Len

Yes most ports in Atlantic Canada do, some are small tour companies which you can also prebook.

Here's a link with reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g154967-Activities-c42-Nova_Scotia.html

You do not need to rent a car if you are just going to be in Halifax. Most things tourists want to see are downtown. If walking is a problem, there are busses and taxis. There are no areas I would not drive in the daytime.

Now if you wish to go to Peggy's Cove you could rent a car. There are many previous posts about this. Go back to the Ports of Call page for Canada and look for the search feature at the right of the blue bar near the top of the page.

Here is one post to give you a start: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k4804493-Trip_Report_Cruise_docked_in_Halifax-Halifax_Halifax_Regional_Municipality_Nova_Scotia.html#36133733

Archived