Safety Flag?

olvrxyzh

A safety flag???

Are you worried about getting hit by another ship at sea :)

No. People are looking at eye level and can easily trip over the scooter. The safety flag is on a pole . . . the flag will prompt them to look down to see where the flag is coming from. Some cities require safety flags for mobility scooters to be used on sidewalks.

Does anybody know if Special Needs at Sea provides a safety flag with their mobility scooter rentals?

No saftey flags are supplied by wither Special Needs at Sea nor CareVacation.

Would think the reason being is that the flag/pole actually poses more of a safety factor than not having it on the scooter

for example -

• The outside decks on the ship can be very windy. The Flag/pole the being whipped about by the wind poses a hazard for anyone within a 8" foot plus radius of the scooter.
  • Getting in and out elevators the flag pole poses a hazard for poking other able body passenger in the eye.
  • Not to mention the Flag/pole could get stuck in the closing elevator doors causing a potention hazard to the scooter user.

No saftey flags are supplied by wither Special Needs at Sea nor CareVacation.

Would think the reason being is that the flag/pole actually poses more of a safety factor than not having it on the scooter

for example -

• The outside decks on the ship can be very windy. The Flag/pole the being whipped about by the wind poses a hazard for anyone within a 8" foot plus radius of the scooter.
  • Getting in and out elevators the flag pole poses a hazard for poking other able body passenger in the eye.
  • Not to mention the Flag/pole could get stuck in the closing elevator doors causing a potention hazard to the scooter user.

The flag is attached with hardware so that it won't come off and pose a hazard for poking others. Elevator clearance is a minimum of 8' 6" which would not present a problem for the user or the scooter.

I own one that came with my travelscoot but never use it. I have a blinking light on the front and a red light on the back. I use them in the evening in darkened areas...not the theater. they can be purchased at walmart.

Archived