Allure Art of Making Cocktails

I enjoy the various Martini/Margarita/Mojito tastings offered on other lines. Always great fun and a good amount of drinks for the price. At the $9.95 I saw listed, if this is similar, it would be a great value. I imagine at that price we'd be looking at sample, not full-size. Hoping someone who has attended can speak to the details.

If it is anything like the one I attended years ago on the Rhapsody, it is great fun and not to be missed. Well, actually, that depends on what you hope to gain by attending. If it is the same one, you will come away with a fair amount of liquor in your system, but not a lot of drink making knowledge.;)

If it is anything like the one I attended years ago on the Rhapsody, it is great fun and not to be missed. Well, actually, that depends on what you hope to gain by attending. If it is the same one, you will come away with a fair amount of liquor in your system, but not a lot of drink making knowledge.;)

I also attended a martini making class on the Independence... It's great fun! I went with SIL, MIL, DH's aunts and it was a hoot! And then we went to dinner. Let's just say we were the waiters' entertainment for the evening. The teacher for the class actually wrote down all of the recipes for us.

I also attended a martini making class on the Independence... It's great fun! I went with SIL, MIL, DH's aunts and it was a hoot! And then we went to dinner. Let's just say we were the waiters' entertainment for the evening. The teacher for the class actually wrote down all of the recipes for us.

We would have overlooked it completely had it not been highly recommended by a CC member at our Meet & Mingle. They used "demo" students from those in attendance to teach how to make the drinks. I think those individuals needed assistance remaining upright by the end.

We would have overlooked it completely had it not been highly recommended by a CC member at our Meet & Mingle. They used "demo" students from those in attendance to teach how to make the drinks. I think those individuals needed assistance remaining upright by the end.

Sounds like fun. I also see a Mojito clinic and a Martini clinic listed for later in the week. Anyone done any of these recently?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Did a martini clinic on I believe the Mariner and boy was that fun!! It was $20 per person and the bartender that was 'teaching' the class did not, in his own words, 'make samples, I make drinks....' We were bombed by the time we left to go to dinner!! I have not seen it offered since on any subsequent cruises hahaha.

These kinds of seminars can vary, but I've done a couple of them. One was a cocktail class and the other was a martini class (on different ships). In both cases, though, there were something like 5 - 6 different drinks, and each person got to sample each one. The sample ended up being roughly 1/3 of a normal size drink, so you got the equivalent of about two full cocktails during the class.

Most of it was demo, but at the end of the cocktail class, they allowed a couple volunteers to try their had at making a B-52 (which is a layered shooter, if you're not familiar), so I tried it, then got to enjoy my own creation. :) But these things vary depending upon who is leading the class. So there is no telling exactly what will be involved.

Did a martini clinic on I believe the Mariner and boy was that fun!! It was $20 per person and the bartender that was 'teaching' the class did not, in his own words, 'make samples, I make drinks....' We were bombed by the time we left to go to dinner!! I have not seen it offered since on any subsequent cruises hahaha.

My last cruise in my signature was a TA on another line with lots of sea days and lots of (ahem) opportunity for enrichment:rolleyes:. They offered French wine, Italian wine, Margarita, International beer and Martini tastings for $15. I didn't do the wines but did do the others. The Martini tasting was far and away the most bang for your buck and the most fun with 5 full-size drinks offered. The beer was half glasses and the Margarita was 4 full-size drinks. I went 3 times to the Martini and the attendees became the regulars at all of these tastings. We had a blast at every one! I know what you mean about getting to dinner afterwards! Or should I say after a brief nap and being late to dinner!:eek:

Archived