online check-in

You can check-in from the time you are booked until 3 days before the cruise.

Is there any reason you shouldn't check in immediately after booking (even if it's a couple months out still)?

Thanks!

I would like to know this too.

And if you check in online,where do you go to get passes sorted etc?

Only cruised once with carnival,we waited for our number in the dining room and done paper work.then had our photo done and was given our cards.is it the same?thanks :)

Is there any reason you shouldn't check in immediately after booking (even if it's a couple months out still)?

Thanks!

You might have reasons to delay check-in, in the case where some of the information might change, such as a credit card that might expire, or a passport that might need to be renewed. Even in these cases, you can go back into the online check-in a week or so before the cruise and double check the info.

I don't see why you shouldn't checkin as soon as it opens up. In the unlikely event of an upgrade the port agent can process it and give you the SeaPass. All your doing is entering in the information to assist the port agent who will need to verify the info such as passport etc.

If you don't fill it out online you will need to fill it out on paper and then the agent needs to transcribe it to the computer. Its easier for me to fill it out online and have the agent verify it.

On my last cruise the agent thanked us for filling out our SeaPass info online and for double checking the passport info as it made it easier for them. Within 2 minutes our credit card was swiped and our photos taken for the SeaPass. We then got the SeaPass and all was done.

We waited in line for no more than 5 minutes. So from the time we went through the security to the ship was no more than 20 minutes.

I would like to know this too.

And if you check in online,where do you go to get passes sorted etc?

Only cruised once with carnival,we waited for our number in the dining room and done paper work.then had our photo done and was given our cards.is it the same?thanks :)

Sorry, I'm not sure I know what you mean by "passes sorted".

If you mean where do you go to get your SeaPass card, you would get these at the check-in counter at the cruise terminal before you board. The online check-in serves to speed up the check-in, so that they already have all the data and they scan your boarding pass, swipe your credit card (if you're using one), and fetch your SeaPass card. That process usually takes about 3 minutes. Your dining table will be imprinted on your SeaPass card.

Archived