Thomson Dream Deluxe cabin 9016 Any information Please ?

We are currently looking at Cruises on the Thomson Dream

If anyone has ever stayed in Cabin 9016 on the Thomson Dream could you tell us a little bit about it please ?

Was it fairly quiet ? Convenient for things ?

I understand it overlooks the deck. Can you see people outside the cabin window or is the window higher up.

Don't know very much about this ship so any information about the Deluxe cabins would be appreciated.

Also has anyone combined a Caribbean Cruise on this ship with a stay at Butterfly Beach ? Just wondering what sort of room room gets allocated.

We know the Hotel is on a great beach but do you get a room with a sea view ? Many thanks and look forward to your replies.

haven't had a cabin on deck 9 but I do know that cabins overlook the promenade deck....they have 1 way glass so you can see out but others cant see in (unless you have the drapes open and the light on at night) then anyone outside can see everything!

its very convenient for all the entertainment/bars/shops just down one flight of stairs, also convenient for the upper level of the showlounge just down the corridor

9016 is above the medusa lounge

sorry cant help with butterfly beach

Thanks geomagot for all the information.

The cabin does seem to be convenient for everything.

I always look for cabins that have been recommended but usually they have already been booked. Not sure about looking out on to the promenade deck. I thought the windows would have been slightly higher up.

Hi Tizzy, our friend had a delux on deck 9 , really liked it expect was very noisy untill after midnight as over the Medusa lounge. If you are an early bird there are a couple more mid-ship Delux's over library , you could reserve one of these for the £42 fee ? :confused:

We were due to be on deck 9 of the dream this year but have changed our cruise to Majesty as we changed our dates, we had picked 9031 on Dream (outside plus) and we are on Prom deck on Majesty too, think its a lovely deck , you can just nip out on deck in two mins to watch the sunset or sun rise if your up early enough! ;)

Hello Dreamgirl1957

Thanks for your help!

It is so difficult to decide on a cabin.

It looks in a good position for everything but I hate noisy cabins.

The worst thing is when you have sun loungers scraping on the floor above at some silly time in the morning.

They never seem to give you many cabins to choose from. We are usually offered a choice of three ??? Is this normal ?

Hello Dreamgirl1957

Thanks for your help!

It is so difficult to decide on a cabin.

It looks in a good position for everything but I hate noisy cabins.

The worst thing is when you have sun loungers scraping on the floor above at some silly time in the morning.

They never seem to give you many cabins to choose from. We are usually offered a choice of three ??? Is this normal ?

Hi Tizzy,

As geo says these cabins overlook the promenade deck and you can see out but others cannot see in (allegedly);).Not sure if they are soundproofed or not and never have had a cabin on deck 9 but would imagine it could be fairly noisy especially if its a cabin on the smoking side where you can get smokers late at night.Deck 9 is also a way home(back to cabins)for the late revellers or those that have been for a late night munch.

Hi Jim The Scot

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated.

Its not an ideal place but the more research I do the more problems there seem to be with each deck. Didn't even know there was a Smoking side. Help ! Do you know which side this is please ? Its years since we have sailed with Thomson but we always enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and fancy a Cruise and Stay for a change next year.

Here is a pic of #9033 click to the next two to see the inside. I'm not sure if all the cabins are the same in this area - someone will be able to tell you. You can of course have the beds made up as a double.

http://s1149.beta.photobucket.com/user/cruwza/media/Dream%202013/DreamJan2013_08_zps068a8063.jpg.html?sort=3&o=54

(It takes a while for it to fully load all the pics so you might have to wait a minute or so before the arrow responds but there are also other pictures from around the Dream if you are interested..)

Hi Jim The Scot

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated.

Its not an ideal place but the more research I do the more problems there seem to be with each deck. Didn't even know there was a Smoking side. Help ! Do you know which side this is please ? Its years since we have sailed with Thomson but we always enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and fancy a Cruise and Stay for a change next year.

No probs on Deck 6.We`ll be on deck 6 midship outside plus for the fourth time this year.

Smoking is on the right hand side of ship.Excuse my ignorance on lack of understanding of the proper jargon :D

Starboard

:D

No probs on Deck 6.We`ll be on deck 6 midship outside plus for the fourth time this year.

Smoking is on the right hand side of ship.Excuse my ignorance on lack of understanding of the proper jargon :D

Starboard

Jim I live on a narrowboat, and now and again i forget!! green light is for port, a red light is for starboard.

carrs:D:D:D

PS i hear your on the week before us, so have a good one and please leave a little for us!!!

We have had two cabins on deck 7 and another booked for April. They were fine. We had 7071 (outside plus) first time and 7039 (outside) second time. Not tried any other deck as we think deck 7 is fine :)

Now you are completely confused :rolleyes::)

Really grateful for all the advice everyone and thoroughly enjoyed looking at the Photos kruzeeka. It makes a world of difference seing peoples own photographs. Need to think hard about where we want to be now ! Still confused about right and left side of ship. Never really sure which side is which when I get out of a lift. Need to check whether 9016 is on the left side or right. The choice of cabins wasn't great. We had the choice of three I think. Am I correct in thinking there is not a lot of difference in the Outside Plus cabins and the Deluxe cabins?

Tizzy

On all the Thomson ships (presume all other ships too) even numbered cabins are on the port side, which is the left hand side or red light side and the best way to remember is Port wine. If you happen to pass a ship in the dark when sailing you will see they pass each other port-to port, i.e. red light to red light (not noticeable in daylight).

Don't worry what side your cabin is on you'll find it. Looking for it lets you have a nosey round the ship.:D:)

Thanks Skioncruises.

I must remember the even numbers are on the Port side !

I always remember Port side is the Left side of the ship by the number of letters in each word. Four in each !!!

Thanks Skioncruises.

I must remember the even numbers are on the Port side !

I always remember Port side is the Left side of the ship by the number of letters in each word. Four in each !!!

Hi Tizzy

I don't drink but was told to remember Port as it is red and, as you said, also has four letters. Apparently when learning to sail it has been known to give a red glove for their left hand and a green one for the right hand to differentiate between port and starboard.:)

:D

Jim I live on a narrowboat, and now and again i forget!! green light is for port, a red light is for starboard.

carrs:D:D:D

PS i hear your on the week before us, so have a good one and please leave a little for us!!!

Oooh, how lovely Carrs - boating & ships must be in your blood! As well as cruise holidays, we also love our canal boat holidays - which waterway are you based on?? We might have passed you on the canal at some point lol!

Oooh, how lovely Carrs - boating & ships must be in your blood! As well as cruise holidays, we also love our canal boat holidays - which waterway are you based on?? We might have passed you on the canal at some point lol!

Grandfather served on White Star after the war then Cunard.

so I guess it is, we also grew up with boats living near Angelsey,

I have my narrowboat moored on the Shroppie, near Audlem.

I also like to cruise along the Llangollen canal.

Carrs:D:D

Grandfather served on White Star after the war then Cunard.

so I guess it is, we also grew up with boats living near Angelsey,

I have my narrowboat moored on the Shroppie, near Audlem.

I also like to cruise along the Llangollen canal.

Carrs:D:D

Hi carrs

Hope you've sorted out your port from starboard.;):)

Archived