Carnival 'dropped the ball' on my wife's Birthday decorations!

Turbo6ta

Good customer service may mandate providing something to sooth the waters but it's certainly not a "responsibility".

Definitely NOT a responsibility - especially if a customer expects/demands something. It rewards bad customer behavior ala Pavlov's dog. Best to nip it in the bud. Sending certain customers to a competitor can be a competitive advantage!

Good customer service may mandate providing something to sooth the waters but it's certainly not a "responsibility".

Nope, but certainly softens the blow with a "feel good".

One time my pressing got lost. Turned out it was delivered to the wrong cabin.

When they found it it, the guy in charge, some officer, holding plates of goodies, and my missing suit.

Showed they cared.

Doing nothing would have shown me they didn't

While I am sure you were disappointed in not having decorations for your wife's birthday I woud hope that in spite of paper decorations not appearing in your stateroom, that the cruise itself would have been enjoyable enough.

And if you couldn't enjoy the rest of your cruise because of paper decorations then maybe cruising isn't for you. You might be happier with an All Inclusive vacation.

SERIOUSLY? lol....

some people just miss the whole point! :rolleyes:

Cruising/AI has nothing to do with it. what a silly thing to say. You completely missed the entire point.

Last year on Carnival, had a birthday cake "Happy Birthday Lisa & Robin". Apparently they brought it to the wrong table (Anytime Dining), and another woman claimed it was her cake.

Really? Two names on the cake, and delivered to one person?

The hostess was very apologetic. Got another cake the next night.

Just curious, did this restaruant give you anything for the mixup? Like a round of free appertizers or drinks for the mixup? Did you ask for anything? When companies mess up, it is their responsibility to either fix it, or give you something to make you happy. Your dinner was ruined, the birthday lady did not get her decorations. It doesn't matter, if Carnival accepted the money, than they had no excuse not to deliver. If not the decorations, than maybe a bottle of champagne at dinner instead to make up for it.

My lessons in life is to always ask for something. Especially in a restaurant. I once was served the wrong food. When they were going to take it away, I just told them to leave it, and bring me the correct plate, because they were required to throw it out by health codes. I will just sample it, and see if I like it for the next time. What could they say? They messed it up, not me.

The restaurant gave us a 10% discount on our total tab........we didn't get to have the special menu that was being served in the banquet room, but everyone had a good time......I enjoyed myself.....after all I don't have to go to work anymore..........:p........and I can still afford to cruise 3 or 4 times a year.........:D:D:D........and not have to schedule vacation do to it..........my night was certainly not ruined.....it was almost better......not only did all my family and friends get to have a great meal for free (the company paid for it)........but with all the festivities surrounding my table out in the main dining room, I got lots of strangers stopping by to offer their congratulations and share their own tales of the GOOD LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of ordering the regular Bon Voyage decorations for upcoming cruise, might have to rethink that plan.

We did.

Had about $200 worth of decorations, flowers, champagne, fruit, and cake ordered for anniversary cruise.

Canceled because of bad reputation for delivery from bon voyage. Figured it wasn't worth the gamble to pay for but not receive extras, and have it dampen our cruise.

Same thing happened on our Breeze cruise in February. My wife ordered decorations for my birthday and they never materialized. Fortunately she brought some along she had made which were very nice. In our case our card was not charged. The good news the rum I ordered from Bon Voyage was in the room upon arrival.:)

lady_cruiser ... apology accepted :)

Again, we had a great time on the cruise. The cabin, the food, the entertainment, the crew, etc was all very good !

Only kind of a bad start to the cruise when you think there will be some nice Birthday decorations in the cabin, and later find out they ran out of them on the last cruise ... but, of course, I had to find out that myself after 3 separate phone calls to guest services and a conversation with the purser.

Crap happens I guess

On our Imagination cruise about a year ago, I ordered "Happy Anniversary" decorations through Bon Voyage well in advance for my mom and her husband's stateroom, as it was their tenth. The promised day and time came....no decorations. I called Guest Services and they said they would try to place them that evening.

--And they did...while my mom's husband was asleep in the room! :eek:

Happily, he didn't wake up during the process (he's apparently a pretty sound sleeper), and all was well that ended well. I just keep wondering what would have happened if he had awakened to find people in the room. (!)

Archived