talent show on Liberty??

ThisFemmeKat

I sail the Liberty next month.. YAY! wondering if they have a Legends show or Passenger talent show or what for passengers to participate in.. please give me any info you got.. lol Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a "Legends" show. To call it a "talent show" is a misnomer. Most of the participants in the show we saw needed a bucket to carry a tune. Now I understand the torture that the "American Idol" judges go through during tryouts.:eek:

lol.. i have seen a few of those not so awesome numbers before.. lol But i assure you that I CAN carry a tune in said bucket.. lol And I like doing the shows sometimes.. Im like Tinkerbell and need applause to live so I get my fix at superstar live karaoke and the legends show (sometimes)

HA! Me too, and I too can actually sing. You'll find the "talent show" aboard MOST, but not all shorter sailings, and most, but not all of the 8 day and longer sailings. "Legends Show" is normally presented on 7 day, and longer sailings. (The last two times I've sailed "Ecstasy", I was told that they no longer host the "Showcase of Stars" (talent show) because it was turning into a glorified karaoke session, as most of the people preferred using their own recorded background music, rather than the live band.) I don't know if that's going to be the case with all the shorter cruises, or not. IMO, the Legends Show is usually pretty good, with mostly talented people performing,,,,but there are exceptions. I will say, that more often than not, it's highly entertaining, no matter what, and it's a GREAT deal of fun for those performing.

i have dont the Legends show before.. but havent since they change the legends.. I dont know that there are any costumes I can wear anymore.. I dont even know who the new legends are.. i think Tina Turner is one.. but thats all i know.. I have usually been Aretha in the past.. and Brittany once on a dare.. that was NOT a good look. lmao

The Legends Show is on any 7 day cruise that does not have the 2.0 conversion done....

once the Conquest class converts to 2.0, the Legends Show is discontinued.

It is still done on the 5 day Elation (the new Legends Show).

The Legends Show is on any 7 day cruise that does not have the 2.0 conversion done....

once the Conquest class converts to 2.0, the Legends Show is discontinued.

It is still done on the 5 day Elation (the new Legends Show).

the Liberty does have the 2.0 conversion.. i think it was one of the first.. but someone said its the legends show still.. maybe im wrong.. ?

Yep, first they said that they were just going to "upgrade" the Legends, and then they said they were doing away with the show completely. Also, they've decided that no passenger is allowed to use a cordless mike? I still haven't figured out what the reason is for that decision? :confused:Now they have that STUPID Hasbro show thingy, that really sucks. What a waste of time that is! :mad:

"SKY"

the Liberty does have the 2.0 conversion.. i think it was one of the first.. but someone said its the legends show still.. maybe im wrong.. ?

My understanding is that the Hasbro and the new scheduling of the shows did away with the Legend Show as the Conquest class went through the 2.0 changes...

I know they removed it from the Conquest when it went through the 2.0...

I know that whenever John Heald is the Cruise Director, that ship has the old fashioned Talent Show (4 acts) because he does the Bedtime Story at the end. (hilarious)

Since the Liberty was one of the first ones to go through the 2.0....maybe doing away with the Legends Show was a change that they did later??

Anyway...hope they still have it on the Liberty...I have done it about 10 times and always had a BLAST!!

They had the Legends show when I was on the Liberty in September. To the best of my memory the "Legends" were Britney Spears, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Gloria Estefan, Garth Brooks, Elton John, Sonny and Cher, and Frank Sinatra.

They had the Legends show when I was on the Liberty in September. To the best of my memory the "Legends" were Britney Spears, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Gloria Estefan, Garth Brooks, Elton John, Sonny and Cher, and Frank Sinatra.

You forgot Elvis, James Brown, Ricky Martin and Madonna. Dolly Parton and Sonny & Cher are always performed by someone on the ships staff. They are VERY funny however.

"SKY"

Liberty did not get the Hasbro Game Show, so it still has the Legends Show.

The shows on Liberty are:

• Wonderful World,
  • Just Rock,
  • Singing With The Big Band and
  • Carnival Legends

I'll be going in August. :)

Archived