Tipping for room service

Terri68

We are heading off on the Dawn. What is the policy for tipping for room service? Will it automaticly be charged at the end of the cruise or do I need to bring cash? If I need cash, how much should I tip each time? If I order coffee in the morning, can they leave it in the hallway or do they bring it into the room? Thanks!

Terri ~ we're headed to the Dawn, too!!! Come join our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=152129

We've set up a meet-n-greet, if you're interested: Monday at 10:30 am in the Star Bar.

As far as tipping for room service, $1-$2 per delivery should suffice (in cash). The only tipping that is automatically charged is the $10 pp per day fee that will be charged to your sign and sail account immediately upon check-in. That covers all the wait staff in the dining rooms (including the buffet staff), the room stewards, the wine steward, and the host/hostess in the dining rooms. And, a 15% gratuity is automatically added to each drink you order from the bars. If anyone else is particularly helpful to you, a tip certainly wouldn't be refused.

Happy Sailing!!! :) :)

If I order coffee in the morning, can they leave it in the hallway or do they bring it into the room? Thanks!
When you order room service, they call you when your order is on the way. The delivery person will bring it in your room. I guess you could ask them to leave it at the door if you prefer that.

We are heading off on the Dawn. What is the policy for tipping for room service? Will it automaticly be charged at the end of the cruise or do I need to bring cash? If I need cash, how much should I tip each time? If I order coffee in the morning, can they leave it in the hallway or do they bring it into the room? Thanks!

Normally a dollar or two is acceptable for room service tips; no they will not leave the coffee at the door, they will call you a minute or two before they are delivering it if you ordered the night before. Have a wonderful cruise experience.

NMNita

Archived