On Board Tour

surfyachtie

I have a professional interest in warehousing and distribution and wondering if requests are entertained by Oceania for tours of facilities on board their ships. I have an upcoming cruise planned and would love to be able to get an inside view of the supply chain in action. I have done similar tours at Changi in Singapore (airline catering). Has anyone done this? BTW this is a personal request for my own information and experience after all I'm supposed to be on holidays. :)

When we boarded the then R2 (now Regatta) for our first Renaissance cruise in October 1999, a tour of the ship was offered that first day. I guess as something to do for people already on board on a day when few activities were scheduled.

Renaissance did not offer such a tour on our two later cruises, and I've never been aware of one being offered by Oceania.

That doesn't mean they don't exist, I just might not be aware of them. But I've never seen such a tour announced.

I agree that it was a very interesting experience and would love to have another such tour. I was particularly interested in the kitchen facilities which were absolutely spotless at 3 in the afternoon.

Mura

It's one of the few things I enjoyed about Cunard. They do galley tours of the Britannia restaurant galley....it's fascinating! They didn't publicise it, and only 60 tickets are available, 30 to Grills passengers (ie Concierge & above) and another 30 to Britannia.....it was free of charge, but I believe now they charge for it as a tour of the main galley and a couple of other behind the scenes areas.

These days I would rather pay the same money and get a suite at least twice the size of a standard Queens Grill suite for twice the duration, and get better food and service with O.

Archived