1st time on DCL- Couple of questions.

Dixieland Mom

Hi all,

This will be our first cruise on Disney. We'll be traveling with my 16 y.o. DS and 14 y.o DD on the Wonder to Alaska June 17th-24th.

I love Disney and have been to both Disney World and Disneyland and had a blast.

I am excited to go on this one!! Just have a couple of questions.

Are there coffeemakers in the staterooms? How about mini safes?

Thanks!

No coffee maker! It is readily available at the drink station or room service 24/7.

Yes, every room has a safe. Big enough for tablets, jewelry, and passports.

Thank you Robhawk! :) The coffee is no biggee, we'll just do the room service thing. Really happy to hear they have a good sized safe as I'll have my laptop and tablet with me. (working vacation, but I'll take that over ANY day at work! lol)

Thanks Scrapnana! I think mine is average size? If not, It does have tracking on it and I doubt anyone will mess with it. (hope! lol) :)

You can always get a lock for it. We left ours right out on our DCL cruises without incident. I know it can happen, but we just left it on the desk. On port days I put it under some clothes in the drawer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can always get a lock for it. We left ours right out on our DCL cruises without incident. I know it can happen, but we just left it on the desk. On port days I put it under some clothes in the drawer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for the info! I'll look into the locks. :)

I put a binder in the safe each cruise and here's something I've learned. The mechanism in the door that locks sticks out into the safe some. Sometimes an item won't fit if you are trying to put it higher in the safe but will fit OK if it is on the bottom. Weird, but I have to always have the binder on the bottom or else the door hits it and won't close.

I put a binder in the safe each cruise and here's something I've learned. The mechanism in the door that locks sticks out into the safe some. Sometimes an item won't fit if you are trying to put it higher in the safe but will fit OK if it is on the bottom. Weird, but I have to always have the binder on the bottom or else the door hits it and won't close.

Thank you Tiffany! That's great information to know. I would've never thought about that. :)

Just an FYI--Internet on board is slow and expensive.

Our laptops won't fit into the safe, we just lock them into one of our suitcases and put into the closet.

Thanks for the info! :) That's a great idea about the suitcases, I'd have never thought of that. :)

Archived