Is there anyone else who have never been in a balcony?

I could take or leave a balcony. Had one on my honeymoon, but otherwise, have mostly been inside cabins. Twice in a promenade cabin - LOVED those! It is nice to sit out on the balcony, don't get me wrong, I just didn't find it SO much better that I've needed to spend all of that extra money for the rest of my cruises. Just my opinion...

Eh, we don't need a balcony. We enjoyed our promenade view probably more than our mini suite on Princess. We're people watching kind of people... I have no problem with interior either but given all options, give me promenade view.

Eh, we don't need a balcony. We enjoyed our promenade view probably more than our mini suite on Princess. We're people watching kind of people... I have no problem with interior either but given all options, give me promenade view.

Completely agree with this!

We worked our way up to Diamond with no Balconies.

We started in Family Oceanviews when the kids were little, then 2 oceanviews when they were bigger.

Three cruises ago, I secretly upgraded us to RFS for DMIL's 80th birthday.

The next one was RFS to spend time with my mother, before she lost her battle with cancer.

Last time was because I am now addicted.:D:D:D

From now on it will be Balcony because we get it for the same price we used to get Oceanview. If I can't get a last minute upgrade.:o

It's great for DH who finds the aircon too cold, and doesn't have to wear a robe in the cabin.

The double and triple points will make us Diamond+ this year.

Nver had one also.

I therefore can not pass comment on balcony being 'a must'.

As budgets decide on what we afford, I feel I will stay with an inside. We have had outsides as well, but really not that much time is spent in the cabin (awake).

Will let you know once we have a balcony.

I love all of the different viewpoints expressed in this thread! Very interesting to hear others' perspectives.

It's all relative, IMO. DH and I do spend more time in our hotel rooms/cabins now that we have a little guy (he's 3) who goes to bed early and naps during the day. Having a balcony is perfect for one of us to sit outside and read while DS naps in the room. We also traveled with friends on our last cruise and they had an adjoining room w/a balcony too. We ended up spending HOURS on the balcony, playing cards, hanging out, and watching the ocean. We're doing it again in a few months. :D

That said, if DH and I were traveling alone, I wouldn't hesitate to get an interior room if it meant that we could save money to go on more cruises. Without our friends and DS, I doubt we would have spend as much time in our cabin.

I've had several balconies, but never on Royal. For the ships I've been on (Enchantment, Jewel, and Monarch), I've never had trouble finding a nice place to enjoy the outdoors and the sea. Only time I think I'd have had a problem without one was Celebrity, which seemed to have very limited public space. I'd rather cruise more and on a nicer ship than just a 4x8 space next to my cabin.

Roy

Our first cruise on Princess was an inside room, and it was fine. Our second cruise, this time on FOS, was a balcony. If it's a cruise to the Caribbean, having a balcony is wonderful. I'll never say never to an inside, but my strong preference is a balcony state room.

We've only sailed inside. I have no doubt that we would enjoy a balcony. However, DH doesn't sleep well with light in the room, so for that we do enjoy the insides. Also, I would be thinking of the "other things" that I could do with the money.

Archived